I didn't entirely get the intended construction of the jokes in the Sunday Bizzaro (Sp??) strip yesterday .   ( The strip appars to be not online , as it is a King Features Syndicate strip , who - Gasp !!! - appear to think they're in the comics business to make money , and keep their strips behind a wall . )

The joke was " variations on ' I Love New York ' "...but was the panhandler's shirt supposed to be saying " I Owe New York " ?"  I Have Zero , New York " ?

The yokel , in Middle Ages garb...Was his shirt suppost'a mean " I Love York " , as in the English county that New York was indeed named after ??? ( And Prince Charles is now considered the Duke of , if I recall correctly . )

Views: 9372

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lola:

Loose Parts:

Luann:

Marmaduke:

Marvin:

Mt. Pleasant also did a week's worth of strips on the theme:

Non Sequitor:

Off the Mark:

Pearls Before Swine:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn:

Pluggers:

Pooch Cafe:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Hopefully this situation will turn out well in the end... (Image courtesy of the Grand Comics…"
25 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion To be... HULK-inued!
"#104: You are being held in Sing sing under heavy sedation. While enroute to a "high security…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Abomination
"THOR #178: "Somewhere in space, a figure lands upon a fearful, far-off planet, a figure we…"
2 hours ago
doc photo replied to Captain Comics's discussion Bond #5: 'From Russia, with Love'
"From Russia With Love is one of the best Bond books and one of the best films. Sean Connery…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Captain Comics's discussion Bond #5: 'From Russia, with Love'
"THE BOOK: From Russia With Love was reportedly one of JFK's favorites. The acquisition of the…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"So what happened to the flowers here?"
6 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here are two recent series with a similar premise"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I'm having an easier time thinking of "hospital" covers than "doctor"…"
6 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I don't think this project has gone much beyond the Kickstarter-- the last update I can find…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"Te Beetle Bailey strip on January 27 had its third strip that includes a female soldier. Her shirt…"
9 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
10 hours ago
Luke Blanchard replied to Peter Wrexham's discussion Celebrity Mastermind - "The History of DC Comics"
"Wikipedia's page on Wheeler-Nicholson has a quote from 50 Who Made DC Great about how he…"
10 hours ago

© 2023   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service