Hey everybody,

It's that time of year again.  No, I don't mean it's time to stuff your face with egg nog and candy canes.  It's time to reflect on the best comics of 2014.  Here's your chance to have your say.  Every member of Captain Comics' Comics Round Table is allowed to nominate up to 2 nominees per category.  You don't have to fill all your nomination slots or nominate someone in every category.  Just do the ones you feel like doing.  And if you're not a member yet and just hanging around?  No problem.  You can become a member and submit nominations, no waiting period necessary.  I'll probably keep the nomination thread open for two weeks which means the ballot threads should start appearing around Jan. 3.  But, you know, if I get bored and the nominations slow up, I could always start a day or two early.  Without further ado, have at it in the following categories.

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise

Best Cover

Best Single Panel or Splash Page

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero/Comic Book Story in Another Media

Best Comic Book Adaptation

RIP Award (for Fictional Characters)

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If your memory needs a bit of a jump start, here's a link to the Cappies Memory Box

• I also noticed that this is our 11th year of Cappies.   We started in 2003 so this is kind of our 10th anniversary celebration (2003-2013). 

• Hey Chris, any chance you have links to the previous "Cappies" results or are they lost to the ether?

• Sure thing, Border Mutt.  Looks like we have 4 years' worth of results on this site.  Anything before that would have been on the old forum. 

The 2012 Results

The 2011 Results

The 2010 Results

The 2009 Results

I have a word document with all ten years' worth of results if you really want to see it. 

• I've got a question about the "Web Comic" category. Does it also include digital-only comics that are created for download, rather than viewing online? A couple of my favorite comics in the past year (The Private Eye and Kinski) were in that category.

• I don't know why it wouldn't.

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) said:

I've got a question about the "Web Comic" category. Does it also include digital-only comics that are created for download, rather than viewing online? A couple of my favorite comics in the past year (The Private Eye and Kinski) were in that category.

• Good question!. I don't read digital comics or web comics except for Private Eye! Issue five just came out but I haven't downloaded it yet.

Mark Sullivan (Vertiginous Mod) said:

I've got a question about the "Web Comic" category. Does it also include digital-only comics that are created for download, rather than viewing online? A couple of my favorite comics in the past year (The Private Eye and Kinski) were in that category.

• Thanks for getting this started, Chris. I'm way, way, way behind I reading. I hope to catch up this week so I can get my ballot in.

• Chris Fluit said:

Sure thing, Border Mutt.  Looks like we have 4 years' worth of results on this site.  Anything before that would have been on the old forum. 

Thanks Chris.  I find lists like the Cappies are always a good starting place for quality stuff I might have missed... and delivered just in time for Boxing Week sales. :)

• Bump
This reply was deleted.