Hey everybody,

It's that time of year again.  No, I don't mean it's time to stuff your face with egg nog and candy canes.  It's time to reflect on the best comics of 2014.  Here's your chance to have your say.  Every member of Captain Comics' Comics Round Table is allowed to nominate up to 2 nominees per category.  You don't have to fill all your nomination slots or nominate someone in every category.  Just do the ones you feel like doing.  And if you're not a member yet and just hanging around?  No problem.  You can become a member and submit nominations, no waiting period necessary.  I'll probably keep the nomination thread open for two weeks which means the ballot threads should start appearing around Jan. 3.  But, you know, if I get bored and the nominations slow up, I could always start a day or two early.  Without further ado, have at it in the following categories.

Best Writer

Best Artist

Most Underrated Writer

Most Underrated Artist

Best Self-Contained Story (Single Issue or One-Shot)

Best Story Arc

Best Limited Series

Best Ongoing Series

Best New Title

Most Underrated Title

Best Original Graphic Novel

Best Web Comic

Best Reprint or Archive

Best Male Character

Best Female Character

Best Villain

Best New Character

Best Supporting Character

Best Team

Biggest Surprise

Best Cover

Best Single Panel or Splash Page

Best Fight Scene

Best Character Recovery

Best Superhero/Comic Book Story in Another Media

Best Comic Book Adaptation

RIP Award (for Fictional Characters)

Views: 710

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cooke had Slayground come out this year, a Parker adaptation.

Also, Cooke's Before Watchmen Miniseries finished up in 2013 as well, I think.

Minutemen #6 was cover-dated March 2013. According to Diamond's archive of release dates it was released on January 23, 2013.

Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod) said:

Also, Cooke's Before Watchmen Miniseries finished up in 2013 as well, I think.

Chris Fluit said:

Jeff of Earth-J should be happy that I didn't reject any of his suggestions this year. 

Oh, I am! (I was purposefully trying to be good this year and not push the envelope too far.)

Merry Christmas!

My mistake. The bibliography I looked up didn't include Slayground. Cooke will be on the final poll whenever I figure out the embedding issue.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Cooke had Slayground come out this year, a Parker adaptation.

Cool, thanks Chris!

You're welcome.  (I pretty much guaranteed that Cooke will win by raising an objection, didn't I?)

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Cool, thanks Chris!

Actually, even though I nominated him, I'm voting for Francavilla. He's the artist of the moment, in my eyes.

Since someone else also nominated Hawkeye 7 for best single issue, I'm changing my nom to Amazing Spider-Man #700 which came out the last week of 2012/first week of 2013 depending on your distributor. 

And I'm going to take advantage of the fact that someone else nominated Daredevil as best ongoing to switch my nomination to Hawkeye. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service