Mary Robin, R.N., started and ended at the same time as Bonnie Taylor, the stewardess who suffered a heartbreak at the end of almost every issue of Young Romance.  Mary checked in at County General Hospital in September/October 1963 with Young Love 39, and ran through number 52, November/December 1965.  She held the cover for all but two of her run.  Though the last story said she would be back next issue, Young Romance and Young Love got a new editor and Mary and Bonnie were gone.  

And, yes, as with Bonnie's covers, you are looking at art by John Romita. Sr.

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...Who were the editors of Y.R. and Y.L. during and after the girls' run ?

• I was trying to find the reference wgere I read that.  Larry Nadle was the editor at the beginning of the run but then there is confusion because Jack Miller took over the editing of the romance comics with the great editorial shake-up...supposedly in 1964, but there are a few conflicting dates and then a whole lot of blank areas of info.  

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Who were the editors of Y.R. and Y.L. during and after the girls' run ?

• These DC history pages are good on that kind of thing.

• Thanks, I know, but that isn't where I read about a change in editors at the end of the run.  SIgh, it's like you spot something on a shelf at a video store but then can't find it back again. There is something there in the DC link, though, that I never spotted before.  It says Larry Nadle died in June 1964 and Miller took over then.

Luke Blanchard said:

These DC history pages are good on that kind of thing.

• I like Romita's art, but those eyebrows on both this and YOUNG ROMANCE are beginning to disturb me. Not the arched eyebrows, but the quivering eyebrows. It's like my mother would say, "Don't do that or your face will stay that way."

• Why give her the last name "Robin"? Isn't that asking for a bit of trouble?

Someday, it will turn out that, through Mary Robin, Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, Stephanie Brown, Carrie Kelley, and Damian Wayne are all related.

• Sure, and DIck Grayson is related to Amanda Grayson, Jason Todd is related to Gerry Todd,  Tim Drake is related to Frank Drake, Stephanie Brown is related to Charlie Brown, Carrie Kelley is related to DeForrest Kelley,  Damian Wayne is related to John Wayne, and...

• If Tim Drake is related to Frank Drake, who is related to Dracula, no wonder Tim likes to hang out with bats!

The Baron said:

Tim Drake is related to Frank Drake,

• Those Tom Monroe bits are hilariously painful.

• Art-wise, I like the handling of the background on #47. #49 is well-done, with interesting colours, but so melodramatic as to be almost a parody.

This reply was deleted.