Word is that Mr. Silver age will be hosting a Trivia panel at C2E2 this weekend and because of the movie this summer, some of the questions will feature my favorite Marvel super-hero, Ant-Man. By coincidence, I just finished reading DC's Atom archives. Here are some similar covers featuring the two characters.

Some of these are a stretch, but close enough. And good luck at the trivia panel, Craig!

--your pal, Hoy

Views: 5511

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Search me.

Ants are snitches.

-- MSA

Hank must have declared war on me. I've had to spray several times and they still keep coming.

The way ants get killed helping him, like when they break his fall? Either they're suicidal or this is where Roy and later writers got the idea Hank was delusional.

This panel reminds me of the first Garfield strip.

Jon: "Our only thought is to entertain you."

Garfield: "Feed me!"

Yeah, I'll just bet they do.

Hoy Murphy said:

I'll believe it the first time an ant goes flying through the air and lands on Ant-Man.

-- MSA

More Big Cheese action.

Now we know who Gouda and Edam can team up with in the next big Marvel/DC crossover.

Is there anyone who draws nostrils more than Gil Kane? That was a rhetorical question, of course.

-- MSA

Nobody draws philtrums more, that's for sure. What was it with Kane and noses?

You'd think, from all the nostrils, that Kane was a short man, used to looking up at people's faces. But no, he was quite tall. Maybe he was imagining everyone else looking up HIS nose. And it became an obsession. Perhaps he was a silent partner in the "Big" gang -- Big Nose! Like Big Wig and Big Cheese, he'd weaponize nose-related objects related to his nom du combat. Booby-trapped boogers! Flying phlegm! Sonic sneezes!

Mr. Silver Age said:

Is there anyone who draws nostrils more than Gil Kane? That was a rhetorical question, of course.

-- MSA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

ClarkKent_DC replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"On a long airplane ride, I caught a movie I somehow failed to make it to the theaters to see on the…"
5 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"An old-time fairground/carnival/midway attraction takes an unexpected turn:"
6 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Misheard lyrics you prefer to the original
"Oh, and then there's "Maxwell's Silver Hammer," because I was in kindergarten…"
7 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Marvel Comics in November 2022
"MOVIES, ETC. ALIEN #3 PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON (W) • JULIUS OHTA (A) • Cover by BJÖRN…"
10 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Marvel Comics in November 2022
"INDIVIDUAL TITLES ADAM WARLOCK OMNIBUS HC KANE COVER ADAM WARLOCK OMNIBUS HC STARLIN COVER [DM…"
10 hours ago
Captain Comics posted discussions
10 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Marvel Fanfare
"I love Brent Anderson's art. When you said this was a wrap-around cover, GCD doesn't have…"
15 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #139: Swamp thing has apparently withdrawn into himself again after the loss of Abby…"
15 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #138: An all-out battle erupts. I'm not sure when Sunderland's head became…"
15 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman - "Season of Mists"
"Makes sense that Peter David would remember his own pun. I, however, did not, even having read that…"
15 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to Captain Comics's discussion Archie in November 2022: Wouldja believe: Bob Phantom?
""Can everyone manage to avoid Jinx’s wave of unfortunate events, or will they all end up…"
15 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
15 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service