Word is that Mr. Silver age will be hosting a Trivia panel at C2E2 this weekend and because of the movie this summer, some of the questions will feature my favorite Marvel super-hero, Ant-Man. By coincidence, I just finished reading DC's Atom archives. Here are some similar covers featuring the two characters.

Some of these are a stretch, but close enough. And good luck at the trivia panel, Craig!

--your pal, Hoy

Views: 5407

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the movie I think the point was made that he could fluctuate his weight independently from his height.

They say that when he's small, he has "super-human strength," whatever that means. In the famous movie trailer, he's shown running up the top of a gun and slugging the guy in the chin, who drops to the floor. That takes both lack of mass and a lot of mass. So he could alter it as needed, no matter what they say.

-- MSA

That's how I read it, too.

Incidentally, I was waiting for someone to post what I posted in the Avengers re-read thread, that one of the early Avengers showed Ant-Man on ants and Wasp flying in New York en route to a distant location, and either the dialogue or captions established that they were just flying to the airport, where they'd get to their destination through conventional means, then find some local flying ants.

At a guess, I'd say some reader pointed out the limitations of flying ants early on, and Stan started correcting where he could, in the words. But however it happened, Stan established that Ant-Man doesn't fly cross-country on flying ants.

That's great.

Up and at 'em!

-- MSA

That is good.

Say, who's up for an Atom Ant/Fearless Fly team-up? I'd buy that for a dollar!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Giant is one of my mother's favorite movies! She's a big Rock Hudson fan."
3 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Jeff of Earth-J said: And that is the end of All in Color for a Dime. I am awaiting a copy of The…"
3 hours ago
Captain Comics posted a discussion
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"THE BATMAN FAMILY: In anticipation of the upcoming release of the Silver Age Batman Omnibus, I…"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"Unfortunately, I will not be able to provide a substitute, either xxxx There are 42 issues of…"
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
""But it's way too long to enjoy!" Tracy and I watched The Alamo for the first (and…"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"Jeff of Earth-J said: GOOD AGAINST EVIL (1977) Unbeknownst to her, many of the people in her circle…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Not only is Magneto confronting his children, the Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver but there is also…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The mothers were never named or clearly seen. Their faces were always kept in shadows!"
4 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And I'm guessing this would come as a bit of shock - to find that that someone you had…"
4 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"So, given that Supes took his son's powers away in the previous issue, it's not too…"
4 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU (1977): I thought how bad can this be? It stars Burt Lancaster and…"
5 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service