While looking over the Newsarama Forums, one person asked if there were going to be any more promotional Blackest Night rings other than the Black Lantern one available with Blackest Night #1 (I scored two rings on that day without picking up BN #1, but they were going FAST). Does anyone know if DC is providing additional promo Blackest Night rings with each issue of Blackest Night?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• No idea, sorry. (I bet Dagwan will know, though.)

Frankly, I was hoping this thread would be about brainstorming new ring colors and what they represent...
  • According to one Comic-Con news story, Johns said that more promotional rings are on the way.
  • Bob Wayne at DC has been very cryptic about the release of future rings. From what I can infer from his hints, there will eventually be a full set of rings out there, but the method and timing of the distribution of said rings is unknown.

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

• Photobucket

"Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

• NaBISco!

I have one of those in my car right now.
  • Thanks everyone. Especially Dagwan.
  • Well according to BleedingCoolNews, we're going to be paying for them now.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2009/08/19/fill-your-fingers-the-free-l...
  • That's an incorrect assessment. The rings cost the retailers the same as the black rings cost us. Whether your LCS will give them away, sell them, tie them in to a comic purchase, or even get them at all will be up to the individual LCS.

I've alerted Rich to his inaccuracy.

Oh, and the rings look awesome!

"You've got the brain of a four-year-old boy, and I'll bet he was glad to get rid of it." -Groucho Marx

• Thanks, Dagwan. I'll check with my FLCS and see if I can snag any. If not, no big deal. My plan was to complete a set of rings, put them with (a hopefully signed) Blackest Night #0, then put it all on Ebay.
This reply was deleted.