I am, and I know Powerbook Pete and Lumber Jack are. Anybody here using Twitter?

Views: 137

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I twitter -- "captaincomics" -- but not as often as I'd like. I used to tweet links to the site once a week, but I've fallen out of the habit this semester. (Busy!) I think it could be a good tool for increasing traffic, but I haven't really made that effort yet.

And I see no purpose to the "what I had for breakfast" type posts. I tried that while I was bagging comics, but decided that not only was it stupid, but I didn't want strangers knowing that much about my routines (times I tweeted, where I was, etc.)

Recently my 26-year-old supervisor called in sick for several days while, coincidentally, she'd just bought a house and was moving in. And she was all moved in when she came back! Despite being sick! That wouldn't pass the laugh test before social networking, but she made the mistake of tweeting and facebooking the whole time. She never tipped her hand to what she was doing, but she obviously wasn't very "sick."
The world must be ending.

@SHQtallahassee

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

The Baron said:
Figserello said:
I'm not proud of it, but I couldn't twitter if you put a gun to my head...

I'm not only proud of the fact that I don't use Twitter, I'm smug about it.

I'm still not twitterating, but I am on Facebook, now. I am filled with shame.
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Figserello said:

All of the cool kids are on facebook...and so is the Baron!
Doc Beechler said:
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Figserello said:

All of the cool kids are on facebook...and so is the Baron!

I'm not ...

... yet.
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Figserello said:

And ham?

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Dagwan said:
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Figserello said:

And ham?

Not at the moment, no.

The frustrating thing about Facebook is that there are a number of people whse names I don't recognize that Facebook is telling me are friends of friends of mine. For all I know they could be people I know under "pseudonyms" or "board names."

Still, you have respect people's right to anonymity.
The Baron said:
Dagwan said:
The Baron said:
The Baron said:
Figserello said:

And ham?

Not at the moment, no.

The frustrating thing about Facebook is that there are a number of people whse names I don't recognize that Facebook is telling me are friends of friends of mine. For all I know they could be people I know under "pseudonyms" or "board names."

Still, you have respect people's right to anonymity.

If any of them look like a red android with a migraine, feel free to say hello...
Or Synthezoid, if you will...
Interesting: A Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project study finds that teenagers hardly use Twitter and are losing interest in blogging ... by and large, they favor Facebook ... "The Young Prefer Facebook to Blogging, Twitter"
"Some knew it as 'that thing Lance Armstrong and other celebrities do'."

Include me in this group...
ClarkKent_DC said:
Interesting: A Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project study finds that teenagers hardly use Twitter and are losing interest in blogging ... by and large, they favor Facebook ... "The Young Prefer Facebook to Blogging, Twitter"

This actually doesn't surprise me at all. The time investment to return on attention ratio for Facebook is just way higher than any other social media — it's easier for people to give quick feedback, the site offers more to do to keep you there, and it's just plain more interactive than anything else.

Blogging and Twitter are better for entertainers, pundits, journalists, and people like that because they're basically broadcast media with some interactive components, whereas Facebook is a straight-up interactive medium. And the kids, they do like to interact.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service