Views: 48005

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For Valentine's Day, a chocolate Wonder Woman

In the past week, I’ve hit 11 of the 19 Half Price Books bookstores in the area. On Thursday I visited the seven closest by myself, and on Saturday Tracy and I went to four others (and an antique mall) on the Ft. Worth side. Next Saturday we plan to go to seven on the Dallas side.

(For those of you scoring at home, there’s another south of Ft. Worth that was too far out of the way for the trips on Thursday or Saturday. I plan to stop by that one the next time I make a run for pickled quail eggs.)

Travis, if you’re reading this, we’ll be up in your neck of the woods next Saturday. Let us know if you’d like to meet for lunch or something.

I think the nearest Half Price Books to me is in St Louis.

Could be. I was looking at the locations in a store calendar, and they are in 11 states, but I don't recall seeing Tennessee. That;s too bad. They're great stores. they recently opened on in my hometown (St, Charles, MO), but there weren't any when I lived there.

I see that there's one opening in Nashville in March. It will be closer, but it still may be easier and quicker to get to the one in St Louis. Plus, I could stop at Lambert's on the way home.

Wait, "pickled quail eggs"?

Dee-lish!

World Market sells them, but the best ones are sold at this little gas station in Itaska, TX. It's about a 45 mile round trip from my house, but if I make HPB part of the trip I can finish a Big Finish audio on the way.

We don't have a World Market in the Memphis area anymore, either. Murfreesboro TN is the nearest, I believe.

Tracy and I are going to be in Memphis sometime in April or early May and we'd love to see you and Peggy. We plan to take a riverboat from Memphis to New Orleans, but we haven't decided which week. In any case, embarkation is 5:00P and we plan to spend the whole day in Memphis. We'll let you know when our plans firm up.

Sounds great!

Hey Jeff, I'm definitely down with getting together. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

In the past week, I’ve hit 11 of the 19 Half Price Books bookstores in the area. On Thursday I visited the seven closest by myself, and on Saturday Tracy and I went to four others (and an antique mall) on the Ft. Worth side. Next Saturday we plan to go to seven on the Dallas side.

(For those of you scoring at home, there’s another south of Ft. Worth that was too far out of the way for the trips on Thursday or Saturday. I plan to stop by that one the next time I make a run for pickled quail eggs.)

Travis, if you’re reading this, we’ll be up in your neck of the woods next Saturday. Let us know if you’d like to meet for lunch or something.

Isn't that always the way?

From "The Man Who Wouldn't Die!", Journey into Mystery #93. The guy doing the thinking is around the corner, out of sight.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service