Views: 58583

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Jeff,

Best of luck.  

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Richard Willis said:

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Seriously. My wife and a friend both had this done for the first eye.



Actually, I'm so used to my right eye being fuzzy it's not really an issue. Tomorrow is my second surgery, and soon I won't need glasses to drive at all. Everything checked at my appointment today, BTW.

Last week surgery on my right eye (nearsighted) took me offline for a couple of days.

This week, with my right eye healing nicely, surgery on my left eye won't take me off quite as long. 

A gasoline pump in a 1948 movie. Not only is the customer paying $0.255 for a (U.S.) gallon, but the pump is selling 4.9 gallons for the price of 4 gallons. I don't think it's really pumping gas and they didn't catch the mistake.

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Oh, good, I didn't get one and I was thinking that they'd decided that I wasn't worth alerting.

Richard Willis said:

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
""I'm pretty sure Robots was your Pick of the Week!" Found it. (It was just waiting…"
6 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Planet of the Nerds was the first time I'd seen Robinson's art, I think -- his name…"
9 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"How strange... Kryptonian women wear bridal gowns that look exactly like the ones worn in Western…"
11 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I would say it's up to the poster of the image(s). "
11 minutes ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Peter Wrexham said: Sep 2022 Classrooms?? I share Jeff's concern that there might not be…"
18 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I saw Clytaemnestra, a 2021 South Korean movie directed by Ougie Pak about a theater troupe…"
38 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
""World's Collide" - There's a blast from the past. One of the covers was…"
38 minutes ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I hadn't realized Alan Robinson was drawing the New FF comic; I don't have a lot of…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I've been reading the "Worlds Collide" crossover between the Superman family and the…"
1 hour ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Interestingly, Supes foster mom made an earlier appearance on a cover than his real mom.…"
1 hour ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Superman and his parents BEFORE they became his parents!"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion All in Color for a Dime
"I can't say about that, but Thomas is on record about borrowing certain aspects of…"
4 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service