Views: 58626

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Jeff,

Best of luck.  

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

My right eye continues to improve day by day. I am able to read again, using a pair of OTC reading glasses. I wear my regular prescription to drive, for the left lens only. the right lens doesn't work post surgery, not did it with the cataract. I'll have my right eye evaluated by my optometrist tomorrow, then the process repeats for my left eye the day after.

Richard Willis said:

See if the optometrist can pop out the right lens for you. 

Seriously. My wife and a friend both had this done for the first eye.



Actually, I'm so used to my right eye being fuzzy it's not really an issue. Tomorrow is my second surgery, and soon I won't need glasses to drive at all. Everything checked at my appointment today, BTW.

Last week surgery on my right eye (nearsighted) took me offline for a couple of days.

This week, with my right eye healing nicely, surgery on my left eye won't take me off quite as long. 

A gasoline pump in a 1948 movie. Not only is the customer paying $0.255 for a (U.S.) gallon, but the pump is selling 4.9 gallons for the price of 4 gallons. I don't think it's really pumping gas and they didn't catch the mistake.

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Oh, good, I didn't get one and I was thinking that they'd decided that I wasn't worth alerting.

Richard Willis said:

I'm pretty sure this didn't happen. Perhaps with all that's going on they had second thoughts.

Richard Willis said:

If you haven't already heard, FEMA is sending a test alert to all TVs, radios and the cell phones set to receive alerts. It's supposed to be at 2:20 PM Eastern Time to August 11.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"One of my favorite "Imaginary Stories." And I kinda like the all-blue costume better than…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to The Baron's discussion Movies I Have Seen Lately
"I think I mentioned this when Annie Live was going to be on TV, but what disappointed me about the…"
4 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion A Smithsonian Book of Comic-Book Comics
"So far, I've read the Captain Marvel intro you quote. The length of the story caused me to put…"
5 hours ago
Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Early post-Crisis Luthor was often depicted as such. Superman Vol. 2 #2, published almost two years…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"In the late 60s I got a Charlton comic that had the cover of a different title. Charlton also…"
5 hours ago
The Baron replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"This came up in my Facebook memories today, something made for me by the late, great Rich Lane:"
10 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Except for the pinkish Iron Man and Thor's pink highlights, the Avengers cover doesn't…"
12 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"From Tom…"
12 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"There was one more Zatara appearance on an Action Comics cover, a full cast shot! "
13 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Philip Portelli said: Zatara and Zatanna!  Surprisingly none of the "Zatanna's…"
13 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Steve W, et al: A March 1971 cover date is correct but if Charlton adhered to the general practice…"
13 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service