Views: 58256

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

When I was reading the WGBS Superman stories, no one seemed to fall or be pushed out of a window while he was on the air. How convenient!

So they knew in 1978 that movies didn't make people want to read comics, yet they are still relearning this in 2021.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I think I've figured out why I'm never going to get that Bronze Age Superman omnibus I've been wanting.

NYCC ’21: At long last, Vaughan & Staples’s SAGA has a return date

https://www.comicsbeat.com/nycc-21-saga-return-brian-k-vaughan-fion...

Hooray! It's been so long I almost forgot it was coming back.

Holy obscure references!

Batman Trivia Quiz!

I think I got about 24 right.

I dispute several of the answers. For example...

"In the original comic, what movie were the Wayne's [sic] seeing the might they are murdered?"

According to "The Legend of the Batman--Who He is and How He Came to Be" (Batman #1, Spring 1940), the movie was not identified. also...

"According the the comics, who killed Bruce Wayne's parents?"

That depends on which comics. According to "The Origin of Batman" (Batman #47, 1948), the answer is Joe Chill, but that fact has been reset more than once. 

Joe Chill was the first killer named, however.

You should consider sending feedback. I've taken issue once or twice in the past with questions.

"Joe Chill was the first killer named, however."

By the same token, Alfred's first surname was "Beagle," not "Pennyworth." 

I got 25. I whiffed on #10 in the first round "What 1987 comic tells of the early days of Batman?" by answering The Untold Legend of The Batman, which was in 1980. The other four I missed were about comics I haven't read because they came out after I reached the "I Can't Stand It Any More!" point with all things Batman.

And Archie's Moose Mason was originally "Moose McGee." Maybe that's in Earth-2's Riverdale continuity?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"Joe Chill was the first killer named, however."

By the same token, Alfred's first surname was "Beagle," not "Pennyworth." 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A favorite of mine. Songwriter/singer Paul Williams turns in a memorable performance as the villain…"
42 minutes ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Swamp Thing Cartoon Theme"
46 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
""Dr. Anj at the Comic Box Commentary blog has been looking over those initial Black Orchid…"
1 hour ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I wonder if this variant cover inspired Mark Waid to team up with Neal Adams on Antithesis? (Image…"
1 hour ago
Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"The thing about Black Orchid is that no one really knew anything about her. IIRC, she was presented…"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
""Well, he's Tarzan. Looking good in a loincloth is pretty much his whole deal." I…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"All Star Western #2-4 featuring Outlaw and El Diablo! "
4 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Hoy Murphy's discussion Three of a Kind
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here are a few more Continuity titles"
7 hours ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"We’ve seen a bunch of scary images from Adams, but this one may be the scariest."
7 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"The poster may not be lying, since few things get proclaimed "horror phantasies,"…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Three with sharp objects coming at Batman"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service