Views: 58638

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I caught this scene around the corner from my house while taking a walk. I think we've all felt like that squirrel:

(Yes, I have been told. That's a hawk and not a falcon).

When I was a little kid in the 50s in the Los Angeles area I would see ancient cartoons (that I didn't know were ancient) featuring Betty Boop and Felix the Cat. The Automobile Club regional magazine Westways always has a single page historical bit at the end of each issue. The Fall 2021 issue had this article about Felix the Cat and his namesake car dealership, both over 100 years old now. It is pointed out that Felix predated Mickey Mouse. The color image of the sign is from Felix Chevrolet's Facebook page.

"Men aren't evil, mostly, they're just ignorant... Individual men might be inherently evil, but mankind, as a mass, is not... This country must live with the kind of justice it dispenses... Out of that determination will come its future." 

The series I would write if I could. These aren't all to scale -  for example, Servo should be a good deal smaller (1'11'), and Torterra should be a lot larger (7'3').

Richard Willis said:

I had the opportunity once to buy it for 30 bucks.

Surprised to see Froppy in there. 

The Baron said:

The series I would write if I could. These aren't all to scale -  for example, Servo should be a good deal smaller (1'11'), and Torterra should be a lot larger (7'3').

She's always been my favorite  MHA character,

Randy Jackson said:

Surprised to see Froppy in there. 

The Baron said:

I never bought Hulk 1-6 from the rack. Years later I bought them as beaten up back issues. #1 was "poor" ondition I think. The article makes it clear that copies of #1 in decent condition are unheard of, which is why this one stands out.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Richard Willis said:

I had the opportunity once to buy it for 30 bucks.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"More alien parents."
1 hour ago
Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
1 hour ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And here's the Kents demonstrating their skills as optometrists."
2 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Great cover MethodEng.  I too am approaching my 7th decade (I'm guessing that's what…"
3 hours ago
MethodEng replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"In the Silver Age  Odin would alternate rapidly between proud father praising Thor for his…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Here's the dc.fandom.com synopsis of the cover story. You can't make this stuff up (but…"
6 hours ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
6 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another long day, so once more am just now getting here. Bruce Wayne and his youthful ward Dick…"
10 hours ago
The Baron replied to The Baron's discussion The World War Two Super-Hero Story That I Would Tell If I Could Use Any Characters I Wanted
"To be honest, I don't know much about characters not from DC or Marvel.I mostly stuck with…"
11 hours ago
Captain Comics replied to The Baron's discussion The World War Two Super-Hero Story That I Would Tell If I Could Use Any Characters I Wanted
"I suppose you've already considered 1940s characters not from Marvel or DC. But maybe…"
14 hours ago
"The comic title Space Family Robinson started in 1962. Although I never bought the title, I…"
15 hours ago
"I quoted the "No Wire Hangers" line to my wife soon after we were married. It made her…"
15 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service