Views: 59759

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Does that mean Jor-El is saying: "Gentlemen... You just hit the jackpot!"? 

I hadn't thought of that, but it should, shouldn't it?

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Does that mean Jor-El is saying: "Gentlemen... You just hit the jackpot!"? 

Awesome.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Princess Bride trivia: test your knowledge!

Inconceivable!

After five years (my, how time does fly) and 699 stories, my tenure at CBR has come to an end. I have begun a new position as a Development Writer with Howard University.

I now work in the university's Division of Development and Alumni Services, writing marketing materials, announcements, press releases, emails, website and social media copy and other stuff that tells the Howard story and encourages alumni and donors to open their wallets and give, give, give! 

Actually, the reason the position was created is that lots of people are already doing just that; enrollment and donations over the past three or four years have gone through the roof. It's partly in reaction to these parlous times. The ongoing harm from police brutality and threats to civil liberties and voting rights, as well as a deadly pandemic going into another year has inspired people to do something about it; enrollment at Howard's law school and medical school are up 60 percent, and the university jumped 24 places in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of national universities.

It helps that one of Howard's graduates is the second-highest-ranking public official in the federal government, and the ex-wife of the world's richest man has been giving her fortune away, and another pair of alums chose to pay it forward with a $5 million bequest, and a billionaire business mogul from New York and candidate for president of the United States gave $32.8 million to the College of Medicine, and people just want to give, give, give!

Congratulations, Kelvin! Tracy and I wish you well in your new position.

Congratulations!  I hope it's very fulfilling for you!

ClarkKent_DC said:

After five years (my, how time does fly) and 699 stories, my tenure at CBR has come to an end. I have begun a new position as a Development Writer with Howard University.

I now work in the university's Division of Development and Alumni Services, writing marketing materials, announcements, press releases, emails, website and social media copy and other stuff that tells the Howard story and encourages alumni and donors to open their wallets and give, give, give! 

Actually, the reason the position was created is that lots of people are already doing just that; enrollment and donations over the past three or four years have gone through the roof. It's partly in reaction to these parlous times. The ongoing harm from police brutality and threats to civil liberties and voting rights, as well as a deadly pandemic going into another year has inspired people to do something about it; enrollment at Howard's law school and medical school are up 60 percent, and the university jumped 24 places in the U.S. News and World Report rankings of national universities.

It helps that one of Howard's graduates is the second-highest-ranking public official in the federal government, and the ex-wife of the world's richest man has been giving her fortune away, and another pair of alums chose to pay it forward with a $5 million bequest, and a billionaire business mogul from New York and candidate for president of the United States gave $32.8 million to the College of Medicine, and people just want to give, give, give!

Congratulations!

You can tell I'm an aging comics nerd, 'cause I heard about an actor named Charlie Vickers, and I was like "Charley Vicker?"

That sounds like an amazing position, Kelvin -- and one you'll be perfect for! Congratulations! 

ClarkKent_DC said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Luis Olavo de Moura Dantas replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"I vaguely recall Carol (then Ms. Marvel) throwing Wolverine and calling it "Fastball Special,…"
3 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"Green Arrow shot an "atomic" arrow long before in Justice League of…"
5 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
"So far California hasn't had to deal with hurricanes because hurricanes don't like cold…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Emerkeith Davyjack's discussion All-purpose newspaper strips discussion
"For Better or for Worse was the 12th most hated strip, but it ranked second place overall. It also…"
7 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
""Nice knowin' ya""
8 hours ago
8 hours ago
""The Danny Bonaduce Story""
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"If that counts, what about this?"
8 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The SiP-verse - Parker Girls
"ISSUE #2:  Mark is Mark Harris. He embezzled the $10M from his employer, Zackary May, and…"
8 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"Well, at least once!"
8 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"On page 59 of Rob Staeger's DC Digital Backlist thread I shared a complete list of DC's…"
9 hours ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I recently watched the Netflix series Inventing Anna, about the young lady who pretended to be a…"
9 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service