Views: 59117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Where I live, two days from now they are predicting 96°F (43°C) and 40% chance of rain with scattered thundershowers. This is in the middle of an extended drought. Also, lightning may start more fires. Oh well!

I get it! Krypto currency!

You are correct, sir!

Captain Comics said:

I get it! Krypto currency!

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local Dollar (and a Quarter) Tree carries canned Chili Without Beans, which is actually quite good, all things considered.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Martinis are made with gin.

Chili does not have beans in it.

Whereas it's perfectly all right to make a martini with vodka or chili with beans, the proper names for those concoctions are (respectively), a vodka martini and chili with beans.

It is incorrect (unnecessary) to say gin martini or chili (no beans).

Having said that, we should all be able to drink our martinis and eat our chili however we so choose

The local comic book convention, Forest City Comicon, returned. I had a great time, ran a panel, sold/signed some books, and picked up some inexpensive finds.

I also made a video. I assumed, as in the past, copyright would just get me flagged and a warning that the video could not be monetized, which is of no concern to me. However, this one is blocked in the U.S. due to a snippet of Blondie singing "The Tide is High"! If you're living elsewhere or know a way around the block, you can watch it:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

I could, but it would wreck the video, and nearly everyone at the convention lives in Canada. If you message me with your email, I could send you access to the copy in my gmail drive. I don't know if it's the same quality, however.

Richard Willis said:

Can't see it and don't know a way around the block.

If it's a snippet, can you edit it out?

My wife and just assembled 2 short bookshelves and a chair. I am feeling very stabby.

From Den of Geek:

Blade Runner Became a Sci-fi Classic by Being a Terrible Philip K. Dick Adaptation

Story

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Dave Palmer replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Just trying to help out"
37 minutes ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"Some additional thoughts: -The casting of Cain and Abel makes sense if you consider the pre-DC…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Dark Shadows
"Tracy is becoming increasing frustrated with Jeff Clarke at this point (626). "I'll…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"Yeah, I saw that, too. This is a reprint of two b&w serialized stories I already have in…"
1 hour ago
JD DeLuzio replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Sandman (TV)
"I'm a huge fan of the graphic novels, while my wife has never read them. We both liked season…"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"See, I sae this, and thought "Jeff?" PLANET OF THE APES ADVENTURES: THE ORIGINAL MARVEL…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion How Many Versions Does One Man Need?
"Okay, I manage to give a pass to the Warlock Gallery Edition, then Marvel goes and solicits…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Marvel Fanfare
"ISSUE #31: FRONT COVER: Captain America by Kerry Gammil BACK COVER: Dr. Strange by Mark…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Marvel Fanfare
"It really is a beautiful cover (wrapped around a mediocre story). The story concerns a filmmaker…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"And you guys thought there weren't enough roller coasters to go around for a roller…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Ultraman Tiga
"ULTRAMAN TIGE SIDE STORY: REVIVAL OF THE ANCIENT GIANT: I really had no idea what this was. It was…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Disney Roller Coasters."
3 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service