Views: 31121

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's something I never expected to see: the original art of Steranko's great cover to NICK FURY, AGENT OF S.H.I.E.L.D. #7. This is one of the most impressive covers of all time. I didn't guess it was partly a collage. 

The final cover had additional clocks, I think duplicates of ones that appear here, and the colouring (which the GCD says was by Steranko too) added clouds.

I think I've linked to this thread before, but King Kong is topical so I will again: Gustave Dore and the Spider Pit.

Pity that nobody has ever been able to find the spider scene.

Yeah. As I'm sure many people here know, Peter Jackson recreated it as a special feature for the DVD of the original film, released to coincide with the Jackson Kong. It's not bad.

Ronald Morgan said:

Pity that nobody has ever been able to find the spider scene.

If you aren't familiar with "I lik the bred" (the original), look it up.  If you aren't immediately envious of the author, there is something seriously wrong with you and I'm not sure we could ever be friends.

"Vendetta for a Dead Friend" This is a fan-made Danger Man episode. It's very well done.

I got a blank page.

Here we go.

For more on Der Tiger von Eschnapur/Das Indische Grabmal, and the films they were based on, see here.

Shots from Lang's leper pit scenes were incorporated into the mutant pit scenes in Beyond the Time Barrier (1960). Wikipedia's page on that film describes them as coming from Journey to the Lost City. That was AIP's version of Lang's films.

I bet Doc wore more better shoes, and Pat wore a lot less.

Luke Blanchard said:

Fans complain new Wonder Woman has shaved armpits. Don't recall anyone saying Lynda Carter wasn't hairy enough to be a liberated woman.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service