Views: 41134

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So, two fake stories, and now one real one.

My nephew composes music, thus far scoring videogames and documentaries, mostly. He scored a fairly big commission for an animated series of note.

(This occurred some time ago; the article is new).

Where's Phoenix Wright when you need him?

Richard Willis said:

The ASPCA is suing Aquaman. They say he's shown reckless disregard for the wellbeing of his finny assistants through his years fighting against crime.

All kinds of stories are coming out. An octopus named Topo says he made him fight crime out of water, where he can't breathe. He says he was always on the verge of passing out. The tunas are telling stories about breaking their ribs when he commanded them to leap up and smack criminals, and being ignored as they flopped about trying to get back to the sea. The hammerhead sharks says he made them use their heads as hammers. Who would do that?

The suit seems to have triggered an upheaval in his undersea kingdom. His subjects are asking why he ever joined the Justice League of America when there was so much to do undersea. The whales say he didn't lobby hard enough to stop commercial whaling, and the sharks want to know why he never made representations in the US against the Jaws films. The dolphins are pushing for a republic. Which way the clams will jump isn't clear.

This post displaced the thread List of Manga That I Own from the homepage.

No one ever knows what the clams will do because they always cl- uh, don't talk. 

Every now and again I see pirates are cool jokes. Do people actually like pirate stories, or just Pirates of the Caribbean? 

Treasure Island has been a long-time favorite.

Pirates are iconic, like cowboys and samurai. You say "pirate" and everybody pictures pretty much the same thing. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service