Views: 42885

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How the Black Death spread. My hat-tip for the link.

The Case of the Chemical Syndicate: The movie.

YouTube video.

I'm watching the 1937 Jungle Jim serial. The episodes recap the story so far using special Jungle Jim strips. It's a nice touch.

From Nick Caputo's blog: Hidden gems in Marvel reprints.

They had me going with "Bill Finger," "Detective Bullock" and "daughter Barbara Gordon," until I saw the end credits.

Luke Blanchard said:

The Case of the Chemical Syndicate: The movie.

YouTube video.

There are two sequel videos which continue the story.

From Nick Caputo's blog: Marvel covers before they were altered.

The head on the Red Skull on the reprint is clearly original, but the reprint may have removed some debris to accommodate the logo.

Boba Fett - The Twelve Parsec Stare

YouTube video. My hat-tip to this EuroWesterns site for the link.

This strip is from the West Australian Sunday Times, 26 Sep. 1943. The art doesn't look like Joe Shuster's. He had many assistants, but I've never seen work from his studio quite like this. The writing reads like Siegel's, so I don't suppose it was an original story. My guess is the strip was traced or redrawn for the Australian paper. Can anyone out there say?

I can't remember if someone posted this pair previously. Original cover by Neal Adams and Dick Giordano; homage cover by Ed Hannigan and Mark Texeira.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service