Views: 44588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps the studio used the sound library of the party that did the English language versions of the films.

A Godzilla cartoon produced by Hanna-Barbera appeared in 1978-79.

I haven't seen the dancing bananas in a while:

banana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gifbanana photo banana.gif

Ahhh. I feel better.

A forgotten DC feature: "Spaceman at Work".

Apparently the script for the lead story in Adventure Comics #441, starring Aquaman, was rewritten by David Michelinie after the story had been completed. There's a post about this at a Jim Aparo blog here. Link via the GCD.

This post displaced the thread DC announces two new Justice League titles from the homepage.

This shot appears in the 1950 film, Gun Crazy. I wonder if Jameson was already editor at that point.

Krypton can't have had higher gravity than Jupiter. If Superman's super-strength is due to Krypton's gravity, doesn't it follow that he should have no super-strength on Jupiter?

(Silver and Bronze Age comics were inconsistent about this. Krypton and Kandor had super-gravity, but Superman was commonly depicted as losing his strength along with his other powers under red sunlight. In the first Lexor story he lacked super-strength on Lexor because of its gravity and his other powers because of its sun [Luthor had to wear gravity shoes], and in the Wolfman/Kane new Brainiac story he retained his strength after being red sun-zapped. Sometimes Earthmen needed gravity shoes or boots to enter Kandor and sometimes they didn't. I think Larry Niven's Superman piece proposed Krypton was really a dead star.)

https://i.redd.it/gtdnireproyz.jpg

Jeff said I should post this weirdness here. Enjoy!

WARNING: You will not be able to unsee this after clicking the link!

Yikes!

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGJHJHHHHF9FPHORU9SPUDLJDI5WUTSL DIAIDJLCODIDPJCPJD97DOFI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service