Views: 47269

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, yes! I haven't made it in years because my wife doesn't like potato salad or bleu cheese, but I used to love it.

I made it with blue potatoes once, but the coloring from the potatoes kept leaking into the dressing and spoiled the visual effect.

Blue cheese and bacon would ALMOST get me to eat potato salad!

It seems like such an obvious variation, I'm surprised I'd never encountered it before.

Technically, that would be a simile fail.

But yeah, I bet when he realized what he'd said, his face was as red as an embarrassed person's face.

Captain Comics said:

Metaphor Fail Dept.

Just heard a reporter on a stand-up at a California wildfire say that if the firefighters can't stop the wildfire where it is, "it will spread like wildfire."

I am not making this up.

Our President would probably describe it as "very big, and very hot"

Who knew fires could get this hot?

Secrets of the animal trainers. From Tales to Astonish #56, via a scan of the original art at Heritage Auctions.

I just read that Howard Cruse has passed away. He was the founding editor of Gay Comix, and I used to see his work all over the place in the early 1980s. He was 75.

Somehow, I managed to miss this when I was a kid:

I knew those Russians would go to any length to undermine our way of life, but.... giant chickens and bunnies?

Or did they shrink the Freedom Agent? Did he go on to become Inch High Private Eye? So many questions....

I'm guessing this was inspired by this lesser-known story by H.G. Wells. The mad scientist's premise was that if animals and people became giants it would solve all of our problems and conflicts. Yeah, right.

I made that one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service