Views: 44628

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Captain Comics said:

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Life takes us to some strange places.

Just ask that octopus.

Luke Blanchard said:

Dalek!

That's a weirdly accurate analogy. I'm just crawling on land to the next water hole. 

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Just ask that octopus.

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Take one version of each character and form a team. then hold a tournament!

You know anyone in the videogame industry? Because (so far as I know) the potential for "superheroes playing sports" has not yet been tapped, and you know someone's going to do it some day.

Come to think of it, I know someone who composes for the industry....

Captain Comics said:

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Marvel's Clonetest of Champions

Paul Kupperberg has a post here on the original Superman stories produced for the German publisher Ehapa in the 1980s.

The GCD’s pages on the German issues where the stories appeared have German synopses which can be translated using Google Translate. So I’ve put together this list of where the stories appeared. I’ve numbered the entries by the numbers in the index cards’ DISPOSITION columns, and listed US appearances I know about.

Superman Taschenbuch #78 and Superman Superband #30 both had two of the stories, so in those cases I've noted the story's German title.

The two Superman Extra covers in Kupperberg’s post are Dutch issues.

The GCD has two listings for Egmont Ehapa titles called Superman Album. Apparently they were corresponding German and Dutch series. The German title was the one that ran 12 issues, the Dutch the one that ran 8. The German issues have synopses, the Dutch ones haven't been indexed.

1 = Superman Album #1 = Superman Spectacular(1)

2 = Superman Album #2 = Superman #387-Action Comics #547

3 = Superman Album #3 = Action Comics #548-#549

4 = Superman Album #4 = Superman Special #1

5 = Superman Album #5 = Superman Special #2

6 = Superman Album #6

7 = Superman Album #7

8 = Superman Album #8

9 = Superman Album #9

10 = Superman Sonderausgabe #9

11 = Superman Album #10

12 = Superman Album #11

13 = Superman Album #12 = Superman Special #3

14 = Superman Sonderausgabe #10

15 = Superman Superband #29 = Superman Annual #12(2)

16 = Superman Taschenbuch #78 ("Glück muss man haben")

17 = Superman Taschenbuch #79

18 = Superman Superband #30 ("Cosmo Nemesis Nummer Eins")

19 = Superman Taschenbuch #72

20 = Superman Taschenbuch #78 ("Bizarros Braut")

21 = Superman Superband #30 ("Der Fluch des Parasiten")

More stories than these 21 were produced. According to the GCD the cover stories of Superman (Ehapa) #25/1982 (featuring Superman/Batman) and Superman (Ehapa) #1/1983 were also original stories.

The Superman/Batman story from Superman (Ehapa) #4/1983 appeared in the US as Superman Annual #9, and the story from Superman (Ehapa) #9/1983 appeared in Action Comics #550.

(1) The GCD lists this issue as Superman Spectacular (1982). The 1977 Superman Spectacular was DC Special Series #5.

(2) The issues both appeared in 1986. I don't know which appeared first.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service