Views: 39526

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Pirates are iconic, like cowboys and samurai. You say "pirate" and everybody pictures pretty much the same thing. 

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Captain Comics said:

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Life takes us to some strange places.

Just ask that octopus.

Luke Blanchard said:

Dalek!

That's a weirdly accurate analogy. I'm just crawling on land to the next water hole. 

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Just ask that octopus.

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Take one version of each character and form a team. then hold a tournament!

You know anyone in the videogame industry? Because (so far as I know) the potential for "superheroes playing sports" has not yet been tapped, and you know someone's going to do it some day.

Come to think of it, I know someone who composes for the industry....

Captain Comics said:

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Marvel's Clonetest of Champions

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service