Views: 41185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Captain Comics said:

In my new job I'm running a soccer tournament in March and April. That's, like, the exact opposite of anything I ever wanted to do with my life. Except maybe playing in one.

Life takes us to some strange places.

Just ask that octopus.

Luke Blanchard said:

Dalek!

That's a weirdly accurate analogy. I'm just crawling on land to the next water hole. 

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Just ask that octopus.

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Take one version of each character and form a team. then hold a tournament!

You know anyone in the videogame industry? Because (so far as I know) the potential for "superheroes playing sports" has not yet been tapped, and you know someone's going to do it some day.

Come to think of it, I know someone who composes for the industry....

Captain Comics said:

I just realized something. Five characters at Marvel could field their own basketball teams (assuming currently dead characters don't stay that way).

* Team Wolverine: Old Man Logan, Jimmy Hudson, All-New Wolverine, Honey Badger, original recipe Wolverine when he returns. Alternates: Sabretooth, Daken.

* Team Jean: Original recipe Jean Grey, young Jean Grey, Rachel Grey, Hope Summers, Madelyne Pryor. Alternates: Ruby Summers.

* Team Spider-Man: Peter Parker, Miles Morales, Ben Reilly, Spider-Ham, Miguel O'Hara.Alternates: Venom, Carnage, Anti-Venom.

* Team Spider-Girl: Jessica Drew, Julia Carpenter, Gwen Stacy (Spider-Gwen/Ghost Spider), Anya Corazon, Mattie Franlin. Alternates: Mayday Parker, Annie May Parker. 

* Team Hulk: Bruce Banner, Amadeus Cho, Thunderbolt Ross, other Red Hulk, She-Hulk. Alternates: A-Bomb, Abomination. 

Marvel's Clonetest of Champions

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service