Views: 52057

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't seen those since they were broadcast. I recall that the theme music was pretty catchy.
I seem to recall water washing across a rock and eroding the title into it.
In the Doctor Who serial "The Talons of Weng-Chiang" the Doctor quotes the lines

There's a one-eyed yellow idol to the north of Khatmandu;
There's a little marble cross below the town;

These are from a theatrical monologue by Milton Hayes and Cuthbert Clarke, The Green Eye of the Little Yellow God. There is a version of the text here.
All Star Zeppelin Adventure Stories

It makes me smile just to know that such a book exists.
I was listening to the radio this morning, and the traffic chick is talking about the traffic jams, and then doles out this bit of advice to the drivers, "bear with it!" All I could think was, "What? Is today the day people are going to get fed up? People are just going to say 'Screw it!' Turn around and drive home? Or pull over and low their brains out because of the traffic today? Today wasn't even that bad since a lot of people are on vacation."

Way too much time on my hands today.
Travis Herrick said:
I was listening to the radio this morning, and the traffic chick is talking about the traffic jams, and then doles out this bit of advice to the drivers, "bear with it!" All I could think was, "What? Is today the day people are going to get fed up? People are just going to say 'Screw it!' Turn around and drive home? Or pull over and low their brains out because of the traffic today? Today wasn't even that bad since a lot of people are on vacation."

Way too much time on my hands today.

The inspiration of an EC horror host? The article doesn't say whether those involved said they were inspired by this programme or others have guessed it was the case.
"more than Bleeding Cool"
If I ever invent a team of superhero warrior nuns, I'm gonna call 'em "Force of Habit."
Today's amalgam:

High Schoolhouse Rock Musical

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Evidence that glasses can make a good disguise:

http://notalwaysright.com/clarissa-kent-to-the-rescue/3379

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Check out the Secret Headquarters (my store) website! It's a pretty lame website, but I did it myself, so tough noogies

Listen to WOXY.com, it's the future of rock-n-roll!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service