Views: 44210

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, gents.

I've been looking at the covers from the third series of Amazing Adventures, which reprinted early X-Men stories and ran from 1979-80. When it started Marvel (and DC) titles had 17 pages, too few to reprint a whole issue. So Marvel split them in half and backed the halves with stories from the origins of the X-Men series that ran later. This meant new covers had to be supplied for the halves that didn't get the original.

With #12 the page-count went up, but the previous issue had the first half of a story, so the issue had the other half, backed, the GCD tells me, by a Nick Fury story from Strange Tales. The remaining two issues reprinted whole issues.

John Byrne did the covers for #6 and #9. I thought they might be of interest to fans of his X-work, so here they are:

Images from the GCD.

I do like how Byrne drew (draws) the original X-Men. Thanks, Luke!

275(!) cosplay photos from San Diego. My favorite is the Iron Dog.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

On Twinkies: My mom would buy a variety of Hostess snack cakes, not just Twinkies. She also skewed to the off brands, such as Little Debbie.

"Off brand"??? Anyone who disses Little Debbie is just itchin' for a fight in my house!

I believe Little Debbie (like 7-11 stores) started in the South. Little Debbie cakes didn't show up in California until a few years ago.

Yeah, Little Debbie was at least as popular as Hostess, or moreso, all my my life. And I've lived in the South my whole life.

"'Off brand'??? Anyone who disses Little Debbie is just itchin' for a fight in my house!"

I shall keep that in mind should I ever come for a visit.

Little Debbie comes from the Chattanooga area.

To which you are always welcome.   photo beer.gif

Jeff of Earth-J said:

"'Off brand'??? Anyone who disses Little Debbie is just itchin' for a fight in my house!"

I shall keep that in mind should I ever come for a visit.

Articles on Katherine Hepburn frequently note she was labelled "box office poison" in the late 1930s. It's misleading, as she was just one of several actors listed in the article. Wikipedia has an account of the article here.

Just look how happy the little guy is!

Alexandra Kitty said:

I don't think I have done that in years...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service