Views: 58092

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You know what's potentially more useful (and slightly scarier) than lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells? Self-replicating lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells.

These could be used in medicine and environmental clean-up, among other beneficial purposes. But such technology, to be frank, sometimes contains a stein full of potential dangers.

Guess we'll see how this one turns out.

JD DeLuzio said:

You know what's potentially more useful (and slightly scarier) than lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells? Self-replicating lab-made programmable organisms made from repurposed frog cells.

These could be used in medicine and environmental clean-up, among other beneficial purposes. But such technology, to be frank, sometimes contains a stein full of potential dangers.

Guess we'll see how this one turns out.

In what world is sweet orange and brown sugar breakfast blend a viable substitute for French roast?

Sometimes I despair for humanity. 

I'm definitely going to have to look at that later.

Meanwhile, I had a weird and convoluted and impossible-to-parse dream, but it ended with me waking up with the clear image that I could recall, a final splash page of a comic clearly illustrated by Jack Kirby in some alternate reality, circa 1970:

Desolate area, foggy.

In the center we see an anthropomorphic, human-sized brown dog, probably a beagle, arms outstretched. He floats slightly above the land, and is both emerging from and a part of the fog. He wears a preposterous costume of the sort one might see on a late 60s/early 70s Asgardian or Fourth World New God.

His word balloon says:

“I am Fog Dog! Gloria Regina Mundi!”

Foregrounded to his left, a quintessential Kirbyesque female, also dressed as some kind of funnybook metahuman goddess, turning with comic-book disregard for human posture so we can see clearly her shocked visage, to which she has raised one hand:

* gasp * “It is Fog Dog! I never believed he could be real!”

Foregrounded to his right is a Hulking figure. He wears pants and a strange, thin wisp of fog swirls around his muscular chest, almost as though it forms a part of his costume:

“Waal…. If this dog won’t play nice, Big Tomsby is the guy who’ll make sure he gets housebroken!”

A single slender text box at the bottom indicates that the story will pick up in the next issue, using some ominous Marvelese that I cannot recall, something like (/me accesses online random word generator):

Next: The Presence Sporulation! 

Now I really want to read the rest of that story.

I doubt it would be any more bizarre than the actual Fourth World saga.

"Now I really want to read the rest of that story."

Sounds like Gødland. 

Seriously, you should read Gødland (if you haven't). 

PBS is showing a new version of the movie Around the World in 80 Days starring David Tennant. Today on its broadcast channels and then on its streaming service.

After a long wait, Astro City is returning with a 32-page Special titled  ASTRO CITY: THAT WAS THEN.

Diamond has it listed as JAN220057.

Resident Alien season 2 arrives on January 26.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Neal only inked this (over Curt Swan) but the result is gorgeous."
33 minutes ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to The Baron's discussion Tennant and Tate to Return to Doctor Who for 60th Anniversary Celebration
"From what I've heard, the first episode of Doctor # 14 is supposed to also serve as the series…"
3 hours ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"As previously mentioned (page 1382), I have no idea exactly how many times Neal Adams riffed his…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"ISSUE #25 - "The Sleep of Reason..." This issue's title comes from Francisco…"
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"Look up Brandon Tenold Swamp Thing on youtube! It's a hoot!"
6 hours ago
The Baron replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""This video isn't available anymore""
6 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""The Anatomy Lesson" became the first major "Everything You Know Is Wrong"…"
6 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
""This is my first reading of these issues." I'm glad to have you participating! If…"
6 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion Swamp Thing
"As I mentioned previously, I had purchased the several TPB editions that cover the Alan Moore run…"
8 hours ago
Steve W replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Late '68 and Adams started drawing for Marvel as well as DC (the first artist to work on…"
9 hours ago
Richard Willis replied to Steve W's discussion Comical Comic Cuts
10 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"I guess that Neal wanted to draw the monster a lot more than the Teen Titans!"
12 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service