Views: 46090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As the saying goes: All news is local.

Captain Comics said:

Ouch. So wrong.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Black Panther Stunt Woman Ran Track at University of Memphis

On their newscast this morning, the in-studio anchor repeated the "adapted into the movie" story and introduced a different video package with still another reporter repeating it again. I've now heard it in at least four different voices.

Yesterday, NBC Nightly News reported on the 50th anniversary of the beginning of MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD when it was actually the 50th anniversary of the show going nationwide. It had run regionally for nearly 2 years before going national and had been on CBC in Canada for 2-3 years before that. Some reports said it started on PBS, but PBS didn't come about until more than 2.5 years after the show went national on National Educational Television. Agh!

Tonight, WMC's anchor was doing a story on opioids and said that not only doctors can prescribe opioids, but psychiatrists could, too. Oy! He may be getting some calls tonight and tomorrow.

PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod said:

Tonight, WMC's anchor was doing a story on opioids and said that not only doctors can prescribe opioids, but psychiatrists could, too. Oy! He may be getting some calls tonight and tomorrow.

Psychiatrists have MD degrees, so they are licensed to prescribe medicine.

Exactly my point. Psychiatrists are doctors.

He was probably getting psychiatrists and psychologists mixed up, as so many do. And thought it was news that psychiatrists could prescribe opioids, because he was thinking "psychologists." Does that make sense to other people, or just to me?

He's still an idiot, of course. You don't need a high IQ to read a teleprompter on the news, just good hair.

He obviously has his dyed, too.

The image on the left is from Comic Book Plus, and the one on the right is from Digital Comic Museum. The images have evidently been made from the same scan. I saved the images to my computer as JPGs. The CBP one is 92.9 KB and the DCM one is 302 KB. But when I recopy the images from these versions onto my computer they record as 73.5 KB and 96.7 KB. I can't see a difference in image quality. I would have expected more bytes to mean better image quality. Would anyone out there be able to explain the ins and outs here to me? It's not important: I'd just like to understand better.

The page is from Africa #1 (Magazine Enterprises, 1955).

What are the width and height of the images? That would factor into the file size.

Are they more fundamental than the number of bytes? I assumed more bytes for the same image = higher resolution.

My original CBP image is

975 x 1371 pixels

96 x 96 dpi

bit depth 24

And my original DCM image is

1834 x 2579 pixels

96 x 96 dpi

bit depth 24

Luke Blanchard said:

Are they more fundamental than the number of bytes? I assumed more bytes for the same image = higher resolution.

The number of bytes is dictated by both the resolution and the measurements

My original CBP image is

975 x 1371 pixels   

96 x 96 dpi

bit depth 24

And my original DCM image is

1834 x 2579 pixels     

This is the width x height in pixels. (It is larger so their are more bytes) 

96 x 96 dpi     

The dots per inch is the resolution, which is the same

bit depth 24

I'm not sure how bit depth works, but both are the same

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service