Views: 44209

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Re. the DC Explosion/Implosion (pp.310-311): a post here on Superman #327 reproduces an Answer Man page listing DC's plans.

The surprises (to me): "The Demon" was going to appear in Batman Family (which explains the appearance of the feature in Detective Comics after it was merged with the other title), and "Blackhawk" was going to appear in Men of War.

"The Public Life of Bruce Wayne" was apparently conceived as an analogue for the "Private Life of Clark Kent" series from the Super-books. An instalment appeared during the Explosion in Batman #304, and the GCD tells me a second one appeared the next year in Detective Comics #483. I have the former. In effect it's a supervillain-less Batman adventure in which he solves a case without switching into his costume. It introduced Batman's doctor, Dr Dundee.

These are photos of Steve Ditko at his drawing table:

The inked art on the desk is the cover of Kid Colt Outlaw #86:

The GCD currently lists the cover as pencilled and inked by John Severin. But its presence in the photos suggests Ditko inked it.

The poster images are from here.

The poster in the middle was drawn by Howard Chaykin and sold at the San Diego Comic-Con in 1976. The comic didn't go on sale until Apr. the next year, but I've placed it first on the assumption Chaykin based the poster on the cover rather than vice versa. Chaykin and Roy Thomas promoted the film at the convention. Poster image source as above.

Superheroes behaving badly.

I like the Italian one the best.

Why would the mayor of Carmel, Indiana, send me a LinkedIn invitation?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service