Views: 49027

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I came across this comment from 2016 while I was looking for something else on the site:

ClarkKent_DC said:

From Variety"Ron Glass, Emmy-Nominated Actor Known for ‘Barney Miller’ and 'Firefly,' Dies at 71"

Hearing this -- after all that's happened this year, including losing Barney Miller co-star Abe VigodaPrince, David Bowie, Garry Shandling, Alan Young, James Noble, Robert Vaughn and others -- makes me want to crawl in a hole and not come out until 2020. 

Well, now we're in 2020, and with all that's happened THIS year, I want to crawl back into that hole and not come out for another five years.

They shouldn't offer him a plea bargain. They don't have to, especially since convicting him is a slam dunk.

Simply ahead of his time

Disturbing that his name is French (and, more or less, Latin) for death. Did he ever carry a scythe?

Maybe...

Coming up next on Amalgam TV: "The Kamandi Griffith Show". Join us for the homepsun post-apocalyptic wisdom of Kamandi Taylor, the Last Sheriff on Earth, and the bumbling antics of Deputy Barn Boxer!

Great show idea! As many people know, Star Trek used the backlot that stood in for Mayberry in a few episodes, including "Miri," where we actually saw what a post-apocalyptic Mayberry would look like:

The Baron said:

Coming up next on Amalgam TV: "The Kamandi Griffith Show". Join us for the homepsun post-apocalyptic wisdom of Kamandi Taylor, the Last Sheriff on Earth, and the bumbling antics of Deputy Barn Boxer!

Ernest T. Bass has been in town again.

The fan resource publisher (Alter Ego, etc) TwoMorrows ( https://twomorrows.com/  ) is struggling and needs business. What follows is a quote from them:

"TwoMorrows needs your help!

Just as our 25th Anniversary book and six new magazines were about to go on sale, our distributors, comics shops and bookstores all shut down due to the pandemic. We were left with huge losses from unsellable copies that had to be destroyed, printing bills to pay, and no idea when we'll start receiving payments again.

But in a nutshell, our immediate future depends on our loyal webstore and mail order customers."

I haven't been in the mood to post much lately; many discussions I have started recently I may or not be able to continue/finish. A great number of my posts, especially the longer ones, are written well in advance in Word and I generally make several posts to various discussions first thing in the morning, then I might post some quick reactions throughout the day. But I no longer have access to Word or ExCel, so we'll have to see what happens going forward. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

I no longer have access to Word or ExCel, so we'll have to see what happens going forward. 

LibreOffice is a fine, free open-source substitute for Microsoft Office that's fully compatible with all versions of Word and Excel and does everything they do. I use it all the time.

There's also OpenOffice, which I don't like so much. Since I stopped using it, it's been rebranded Apache OpenOffice, so maybe it's better than it was. Or not.

Get those and other useful programs at Ninite.com.

If you already have a Google account, you could also use Google Docs and Google Sheets.

If you have an iPhone and/or iPad, you can use Pages and Numbers on the device or online.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service