Views: 59748

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This came up in my Facebook memories today, something made for me by the late, great Rich Lane:

A rundown on all the recent MCU characters:

Meet the New MCU Characters in Phase 4 | Den of Geek

This three-digit number has been established for the entire United States to simplify calling for help if anyone is considering suicide.

A friend (importantly) called to my attention that it is not necessary to dial "#", just the number.  

An exhaustive, but user-friendly, article about how ALL the Disney+ shows relate to the MCU movies.

How MCU Movies Changed by TV’s ‘WandaVision’ ‘Loki’ ‘Ms. Marvel’ | ...

Our first significant travel of any kind since COVID hit, bookended by two local festivals that have returned for the first time in two years:

Great video! Where did you travel to?

Thanks! It's in the description, but we went to Sydney, Nova Scotia, a trip bracketed by the return of two local music festivals.

Fun fact: the briefly-appearing WWI cosplayer with the pipe is a regular in several Canadian historical documentaries.

It looks cool (and by "cool" I mean cooler than the 108 degree days we've had in Texas the last two days in a row). 

We had good weather, but we're on the ocean quite a bit north of Texas, so the temperature ranged from up to the low 30 or so during the day (but mostly not quite that high) and often down to the high teens at night. In American, think an upper range in the high 80s and a lower range in the low 60s. A quick check of the records reveals 108 Fahrenheit to be the highest recorded temperature, ever, local to me (and that was in 1936). In 1935 Nova Scotia, where we were, hit a record 101 in the south of the province. I do not want to know 108 degrees (42 here), though some of my extended family have experienced such temperatures in India.

Now, if you want to start comparing low temperatures, I've experienced -35 C, which is 31 below 0 in Fahrenheit.  And we're not even getting into the far north of the country. There's an old joke in the far north that a cold day is defined as one where your spit hits the ground as ice.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

It looks cool (and by "cool" I mean cooler than the 108 degree days we've had in Texas the last two days in a row). 

I heard it  got up 40 C / 104 F in London (UK) today, and that's unheard of for over there.

JD DeLuzio said:

We had good weather, but we're on the ocean quite a bit north of Texas, so the temperature ranged from up to the low 30 or so during the day (but mostly not quite that high) and often down to the high teens at night. In American, think an upper range in the high 80s and a lower range in the low 60s. A quick check of the records reveals 108 Fahrenheit to be the highest recorded temperature, ever, local to me (and that was in 1936). In 1935 Nova Scotia, where we were, hit a record 101 in the south of the province. I do not want to know 108 degrees (42 here), though some of my extended family have experienced such temperatures in India.

Now, if you want to start comparing low temperatures, I've experienced -35 C, which is 31 below 0 in Fahrenheit.  And we're not even getting into the far north of the country. There's an old joke in the far north that a cold day is defined as one where your spit hits the ground as ice.

Jeff of Earth-J said:

There should be a superhuman whose superpower is to teleport dangerous superhuman combatants (Superman and Zod for example) to uninhabited areas so they can brawl to their heart's content without injuring innocent bystanders or causing major property damage.

If they were funded by Damage Control, even better. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Latest Activity

Peter Wrexham replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"Well, at least once!"
19 seconds ago
Lee Houston, Junior replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"On page 59 of Rob Staeger's DC Digital Backlist thread I shared a complete list of DC's…"
14 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"I recently watched the Netflix series Inventing Anna, about the young lady who pretended to be a…"
27 minutes ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to PowerBook Pete, the Mad Mod's discussion Anything, Everything, or Nothing At All
""What's true but hard to admit is our morbid fascination with geologic catastrophes as…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Cavaliere (moderator emeritus)'s discussion What are you watching right now?
"Usually I watch the "News Mix" channel, which is CNN, FOX, MSNBC, BBC and two weather…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion "Pick of the Week" - What's Yours?
"I bought 11 new comics today. I haven't read any of them yet, but I've no doubt my…"
1 hour ago
ClarkKent_DC replied to ClarkKent_DC's discussion The New Season (2022)
"TVLine presents a comprehensive list of dozens upon dozens of new and returning…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Jeff of Earth-J's discussion The Ninth Doctor Adventures
"4.2 - WAY OF THE BURRYMAN: "Young Sam Bishop is at a crossroads with girlfriend Fiona:…"
3 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
"I have a memory of one character (probably an X-Man) grabbing another (possibly by surprise) and…"
3 hours ago
Peter Wrexham replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"Another early Joe Kubert cover from Flash Comics (dated June 1948).  I just love how…"
5 hours ago
Philip Portelli replied to Steve W's discussion A Cover a Day
"A 1977 reprint of Von Hammer's earliest stories! "
5 hours ago
Randy Jackson liked Randy Jackson's discussion Fastball Special
6 hours ago

© 2022   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service