Story  Thoughts? Dreams? Hopes? Fears? Spam, Egg, Sausage and Spam?

Views: 532

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The sad part is, they easily could be.   That's one of the things that struck me when I first heard of Sherlock: That Twenty-First Century Watson could just as easily be a veteran of Afghanistan as Nineteenth Century Watson was.

Richard Willis said:

They should not try to make Reed and Ben war buddies.

I haven't read many Marvel comics in the last 8-9 years because I decided to drop them and just stick with DC, but I did enjoy Slott's run on She-Hulk. This news still won't prompt me to spend money on Marvel. I'd rather re-read the first 300 issues of F.F.

...Why do you feel that way,  Richard? Obviously,  they were originally. 

Richard Willis said:

They should not try to make Reed and Ben war buddies.

Emerkeith Davyjack said:

...Why do you feel that way,  Richard? Obviously,  they were originally. 

The reason I feel that way is that (like Nick Fury) the writers keep changing which war they were in and/or why they look so young when they shouldn't. It's embarrassing.

...Well. I'd kind of like Reed to be a greying-temples fortysomething, as he was in 1961. Would that make having 3...3?...children difficult, especially if She's age is close to Johnny's. When did Reed and Sue have a third child?

They were college friends before being war buddies. And they could still be. Just don't name the war.

They weren't war buddies. Reed was an OSS agent behind the lines in Europe. Ben was a Marine pilot who fought in the Pacific.

I don't see Reed being a veteran as vital to his character.  I do think that Ben should be, though.

It would show that Reed, though an intellectual, was also a man of action and bravery.

The Baron said:

I don't see Reed being a veteran as vital to his character.  I do think that Ben should be, though.

Reed comes in two varieties, Action Man Reed and Scrawny Reed. Action Man Reed is one of the world's great masters of judo (Fantastic Four #17), and the FF's alpha male. Scrawny Reed has cultivated his brain only.

Now Ben and Johnny are hopping around Marvel's multiverse I could see the FF doing the same.

Jumping into alternate realities it could be a modern What If and keep them separate from the main Marvel universe.

I guess I would like to see Doom's involvement in some form, he's been an integral part of the FF almost from the very beginning. Maybe Reeds return will tip him back to being the villain Doom.

While the FF as Marvel's explorers is a great starting point for stories, perhaps when Reed and Sue get back and see what has transpired in their absence, maybe a return to a "superhero" mode is in order. Reed could see how different the world is and determine that the FF must be its anchor again.

I hope that they continue with Marvel Two-In-One but with all four taking turns teaming with various Marvel characters either meeting the new one ones and re-establishing connections with the older ones.

One thing that should happen is Reed and Doom finally getting through their issues and moving on with their lives. I know that a new FF series should avoid Doctor Doom but a "Reed/Victor" confrontation seems more interesting that a "Richards/Doom" one.

The Future Foundation was a good idea but needs a new direction and better characters. I nominate Googam, Son of Goom!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service