Story  Thoughts? Dreams? Hopes? Fears? Spam, Egg, Sausage and Spam?

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm delighted.  I've enjoyed Dan Slott's work on Spider-Man, Silver Surfer, and She-Hulk very much.  I'm onboard for any title he writes, which will mean this title and Iron Man: Tony Stark.  I'm not that familiar with Sara Pichelli's art, but I've just been looking at some of it online and I think she'll do great.  In short, I'm stoked for this.

You're right, of course. But tying them to WWII was only a good idea if the title only lasted a few years or was constantly losing and replacing readers. Once fandom became a constant (nit-picky) presence, the editors had to spend a lot of their time dealing with insoluble problems. I didn't read it, but I heard tell that Marvel tried to say that the Howling Commandos made their rep in the Grenada Invasion, which lasted a whole five days.

Luke Blanchard said:

They weren't war buddies. Reed was an OSS agent behind the lines in Europe. Ben was a Marine pilot who fought in the Pacific.

New press materials. Here ya go!

Celebrate The Return of The Four With Specially-Priced TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR Comics!
$1 Comics starring Marvel’s Fantastic First Family!

New York, NY—April 12, 2018—Before Dan Slott and Sara Pichelli take the Fantastic Four on new adventures this August, Marvel invites you to relive some of the First Family’s classic stories with a line of Fantastic Four-themed TRUE BELIEVERS comics, available only at your local comic book shops.

Reproducing some of the most iconic Fantastic Four stories of all time at the suggested retail price of $1, TRUE BELIEVERS are perfect for readers new and old. Whether it’s your first time reading these memorable tales or your hundredth – you won’t want to miss this special celebration. Look for your favorites with new and colorful re-printings!

• TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #1
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR VS. DOCTOR DOOM #1 Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #5
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: THE COMING OF GALACTUS #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #48
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: THE WEDDING OF REED AND SUE #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four Annual #3
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: HULK VS. THING #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #112
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: GALACTUS HUNGERS #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #175
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: THE COMING OF H.E.R.B.I.E. #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #209
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR BY JOHN BYRNE #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #232
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR BY WALTER SIMONSON #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #337
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR VS. THE NEW FANTASTIC FOUR #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1961) #374
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: THE BIRTH OF VALERIA #1: Reprinting material from Fantastic Four (1998) #54
  • TRUE BELIEVERS: FANTASTIC FOUR: WHAT IF? #1: Reprinting material from What If? (1977) #1

Be there this July when these exciting TRUE BELIEVERS issues come to comic shops!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service