Well , are you ?

I mean , I summed it all up in the header...........

If so , will you go to a Friday , 12:01 A.M. show , as I may do , as the pretty nearby multiplex in Santa Cruz IS doing ?

I mean ( Warning - Sarcasm/" doubled??-back irony "/whatever approacheth . ) gawwrssh , we're all " nerds/geeks " and this is supposed to be our moment for the summer , anyway --- ISN'T it ?????????

Oh , and is it an " intended " 3-D film ?

It appears said SC m-p is offering a 3-D as well as flat version , but I don't recall the advance publicity mentioning any " Hawk-arrow in your lap " version .

Views: 311

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nope. Even though me and the Avengers go way back,

Opening night.  Buying my tix tomorrow.

...Ya know , Figs , once , on a movies-oriented board " Classic Movies " at that ) an Australian-born person recalled his kidhood kids' matinees , where , IIRC , " rolling a chocolate-covered orange back & forth on the floor of the cinema " was de rigeur(Sp??) amongst los kidnicks , with someone , eventually , picking it up and eating it !

YUCCGUHHHH !!!!! Either you Ozzies are as hardy as pop-culture legend goes - Or , in reverse , the Little Englander tendency , at least presumably in the 20th , survived to the extent that cinema floors were as tidy as Victorian old maids' teashopstabletops  !!!!!!!

Whgich one is it ???

I mean , I think I know the one the Australian Tourism Board would like you to say...

I've never heard of a chocolate-covered orange.  You know that the climate here is pretty hot?  A half-melted, carpet-rolled chocolate-covered orange doesn't sound to appealing, even for Barry McKenzie types.

Perhaps you dreamt it?

Wait...that's out this year?

Just kidding...I'm going with my girls on Saturday, but I also contributed the purchase price of my ticket to:

http://abuckforjack.com/

...I am certain that the person said whatever he said , Figs .

Figserello said:

I've never heard of a chocolate-covered orange.  You know that the climate here is pretty hot?  A half-melted, carpet-rolled chocolate-covered orange doesn't sound to appealing, even for Barry McKenzie types.

Perhaps you dreamt it?

Bought tix for the midnight show Friday a couple of nights ago, since I work til 11:30 on Fridays and Saturdays and didn't want to take any chances.

Incidentally, there's already a minor thread going on this topic on the Events calendar.

I wasn't planning to go, but the library Staff Association is making an outing of it on Friday night. My ticket's even paid for, so I'm going!

Emerkeith Davyjack said:
...I am certain that the person said whatever he said , Figs .

Figserello said:

Perhaps you dreamt it?

I slipped into rudeness there EKDJ. I apologise. I'll ask my mother-in-law and various venerable elders about the chocolate-covered oranges. There definitely was a healthy culture of saturday morning at the picture-show here in the long ago.

I'll be seeing it early next week, I hope.

By myself ... and this is a good thing.

Last summer, the whole family went to see "Captain America" and the baby puked on me about a third of the way through the movie. I ran into the bathroom, doused my shirt in the sink, rang it out, put it back on  and practically succumbed to hypothermia by the end of the movie.

So, yes. By myself.

George Poague said:

'Bought tix for the midnight show Friday a couple of nights ago, since I work til 11:30 on Fridays and Saturdays and didn't want to take any chances."

You work close enough to a theater to get there in half an hour? In Memphis traffic on a Friday night?

I get off from work at about the same time, but I'm waiting until I have a weekday afternoon free next week. Lines should e shorter then.

How much traffic could there be at midnight? Even in Memphis?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service