I was beginning to wonder if we would ever see season/series two of Ashes to Ashes in the U.S.

I just checked the website for BBC America, and it's supposed to start May 11!

http://www.bbcamerica.com/tvschedule.jsp?showsList=350

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Of course you do. I'm re-watching Life on Mars, and on eepisode in series 1 takes on a whole new meaning,,,,

Doctor Hmmm? said:
Needless to say, I have questions ...

Mike Williams said:
Indeed...

Doctor Hmmm? said:
Well, now ....
Just finished watching series 2 of Ashes on BBC America tonight. Kept waiting and waiting for things to ramp over the top, as I knew they would, and there was another big payoff. What a great show. Now I'm wondering when BBC America will air the final series. I don't think I can wait another year.

In the meantime, since I've never seen the British Life on Mars, I think I'm heading over to Netflix to drop it into the queue.*

* - OK, that's done. Yeesh, why did they split 16 episodes over eight discs!
It's worth it for the extras - each disk comes with at least one documentary or discussion covering some aspect of the filiming of the series and the cultural references.

the_original_b_dog said:
I don't think I can wait another year.

In the meantime, since I've never seen the British Life on Mars, I think I'm heading over to Netflix to drop it into the queue.*

Cultural references, those I could use help with. :-) As it is, my ears aren't finely tuned enough for the accents on the show. I always switch on the captioning!

Mike Williams said:
It's worth it for the extras - each disk comes with at least one documentary or discussion covering some aspect of the filiming of the series and the cultural references. the_original_b_dog said:
I don't think I can wait another year.

Wow, it's been four months!

Last week, I finished watching the original Life on Mars, and it was as good as advertised. I enjoyed some of the extras, too (thanks, CV), particular Philip Glenister wearing the squirrel outfit out into the BBC lobby! It's no wonder no one took him seriously with John Simm next to him in his Sam Tyler outfit.

But I'm still not over my fix for the conclusion of the storyline -- the third and final series of Ashes to Ashes. I imagine BBC America will show it in the spring, but I just wait can't. Besides, I can't look up anything on Life on Mars anymore without risking seeing spoilers of what happens here. I found a website of apparently some repute that offers good-quality streaming video of the third series.

I just finished the first episode.

I can't wait to see how it ends.
Oh, my!

I finished series three of Ashes to Ashes. I'd like to talk about it, but about 20 minutes into the finale, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I haven't been able to find it since.

I want to comment some more, but I need to collect my thoughts first.

Mike (if you're still tracking this thread), which episode of Life on Mars series 1 were you talking about above? I'm rolling them over in my head and am not sure.
The one where the prisoner dies in the cells

the_original_b_dog said:
Oh, my!

I finished series three of Ashes to Ashes. I'd like to talk about it, but about 20 minutes into the finale, my jaw dropped to the floor, and I haven't been able to find it since.

I want to comment some more, but I need to collect my thoughts first.

Mike (if you're still tracking this thread), which episode of Life on Mars series 1 were you talking about above? I'm rolling them over in my head and am not sure.

the_original_b_dog said:
Oh, my!

That has been the reaction of everyone who has seen that episode. For me, much MUCH better than the ending of the US version.
For me, much MUCH better than the ending of the US version.

Yeah, that pretty much goes without saying. One was a great ending, and the other was ... not.

Here's the thing. My impression -- and I can't say with any certainty exactly what I've seen or heard that made me believe this, but my impression -- was that Ashes to Ashes was not even a glimmer in the milkman's eye when Life on Mars was on the air. Which means that the finale of LOM was intended (at the time) to be the final word on what was really going on. And although that ending could be interpreted in a way that's consistent with the revelations of A2A, the creators of LOM gave some interviews post-LOM that were pretty frank in saying what they meant -- and it wasn't what A2A is saying now.

I guess what that means is that unlike, say, Lost, it doesn't pay to get all "meta" about LOM and A2A. Don't let the creators' public discussions influence your interpretation of what you see on the screen. (Or, like Lost, just assume that the creators lie, or shamelessly course correct to accommodate a better story line. "There will be no time travel on Lost." HA!)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service