Replies

• I saw the movie this morning. Overall it's an entertaining piece of cinema. It is visual striking. However, I saw it in 3D on an Imax screen at AMC theaters and I was surprised that there wasn't a lot of stuff coming off the screen like I would expect from a 3D movie. The film does have a stunning look to it and you are sucked into this new world. The sound is amazing as well.

The story is nothing original but the scenery and the acting which isn't Oscar worthy but still decent enough pulls you in. I didn't feel like I was in a 3 hour movie. My friend however wasn't as impressed and felt time going by. So opinions may vary.

Overall this wasn't quite the film it's being hyped as but nonetheless I did enjoy myself. From what I could tell, others in the audience seemed to enjoy it as well. It's a good way to spend a morning or afternoon if you want to avoid shopping or sitting around the house.
  • Finally saw Avatar yesterday, and really enjoyed it.

But one thing bothers me: When the John Carter of Mars movie comes out, it will inevitably compared to Avatar, and seen by many as being derivative of Avatar, when it should be the other way around. 10-foot tall, scantily clad warrior race riding six-legged horse-creatures? Critics and the public are bound to make the comparison.
  • I thought it was good, not great.

A bit over-hyped in my opinion.
This reply was deleted.