What? Am I the first to post about Avengers: Age of Ultron, the movie? Oh, well, so be it.
I went yesterday evening to a 3-D showing, so I'll go first. Thus, I can't use my usual disclaimer that I'll post without reading what everyone else has posted, but what the hey.
And yes -- there be here.
Them's for starters ....
Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man said:
Now I realized that when they were in Wakanda, and Ultron accidentally cuts off that guy's arm, that that guy is probably going to be Klaw.
IMDB says "Ulysses Klaue" was played by Andy Serkis (Gollum in the Rings movies and Caesar in Planet of the Apes). Presumably he will play Klaw before and after transformation in the Black Panther movie. Chadwick Boseman (who has played Jackie Robinson and James .Brown) is slated to play T'Challa. He and all of the new Avengers are supposedly in Captain America: Civil War next year.
Jason Marconnet (Pint sized mod) said:
I like this version of Hawkeye. I liked he was more of the focus this time. Jeremy Renner is a good actor and deserved the opportunity to have more to do.
Awhile back I commented that I was glad to see Scarlett Johansson have more to do in the Winter Soldier movie and that I was hoping for the same for Jeremy Renner. These are Academy Award-level actors that can really do whatever they're asked to do.
I finally saw this (with Action Lad) yesterday. We both really enjoyed it, for many of the reasons that have already been mentioned in this thread (but especially, for me, the Hawkeye reveal).
But my very favorite part?
The Lad leaning over to me in the middle of the climactic battle scene and whispering "This is awesome!"
Yes it was, Dude. For reasons you don't even get yet.
Finally got around to seeing this tonight, and in 3D at that. Not sure how much 3D adds to it, I want to watch i again in 2D to compare, but I will probably wait for the Blu-ray. Some thoughts:
- I knew there was a death, and I figured it might be Hawkeye to add some pathos, after seeing his wife and kids.
- I think the character who did die could be easily brought back
- Did anyone else notice Wanda's face the first time she saw the Vision? She seemed awestruck and, well, smitten to me. I really liked the scene where he picked her up and flew off with her.
- I liked the opening scene with the HYDRA base and everything up to the party. The teamwork - especially Cap and Thor - and the banter was good.
- I liked the scene at Hawkeye's farm too, provided some needed quiet moments.
- That's going to be one of my favorite Stan Lee cameos
- There's been a lot of carping about no Black Widow movie in the pipeline, but I think they did a really got job giving us bits and pieces of her origin
- Ultron seemed off to me. James Spader did well with what he was given, but to me Ultron shouldn't be spouting witty one liners or exclaiming "Oh, for God's sake!" (when Hulk punched his way to the ship he was flying).
- Liked the new line-up at the end
- That was the most underwhelming mid-credits scene yet