Yes, I'm going to spoil the ending to 'Batman' #24. I have a question to ask about it. Ready?

photo spoiler-1.gif

photo spoiler-1.gif

photo spoiler-1.gif

Not enough? Here's a Baron Break(TM) Spoiler picture:

No? Not enough: OK, more Spoiler warnings:

photo spoiler-1.gif

photo spoiler-1.gif

Whew! That's enough. OK, here's the deal. In the most recent Batman #24 (which shipped June 14), Batman proposes to Catwoman:

How about that?

Well, it probably won't happen. I'm not even going to guess if it's going to happen. (You can, though.) I mean, Superman's married, and Aquaman's engaged. So maybe. But maybe not.

And we won't know for a few months, because it appears that Batman is going to run a flashback story for the next couple of issues.

So while we're waiting, I thought I'd do a column about all the other times Batman married Catwoman. Off the top of my head I can remember:

* Earth-Two Batman married Earth-Two Catwoman (I think in Superman Family #211).

* Batman married Catwoman in JLA: The Nail (I think).

* Batman married Catwoman in John Byrne's Generations (I think). Or was it Batwoman?

* Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle are implied to be a couple at the end of The Dark Knight Rises.

* Alfred fantasizes a marriage in Batman: Brave and Bold.

That's what I remember (and I could be wrong about some of 'em). Where else has it been mentioned or implied that Batman and Catwoman tied the knot? What about the Birds of Prey TV show? (Did they disappear at the same time?). What about Batman: The Animated Series (as a fantasy?)? Batman Beyond? Any of the Batmen in the current Earth-2 series? What am I not thinking of?

Sound off, Legionnaires! If I get enough Bat/Cat nuptials, I'll write a column for the milling mundys!

Views: 371

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's been a while since I read The Nail, but I'm not sure if they were married. I think they were just depicted as a couple with Selina becoming Batwoman at some point.

That is true. And you may say, "Batwoman? Seriously?" Especially since Catwoman stumbled upon the exact same outfit Kathy Kane did. What a coincidence! But it's Batwoman drawn by Alan Davis, so it's perfect.

Yep, I'll take it.

It's not a marriage but it's a definite Earth-Two Batman/Catwoman encounter in 1983's All Star Squadron Annual #3, set in 1941, The Princess of Plunder, wearing an awful costume with a cat-head mask covering her entire face, was recruited by Ian Karkull to kill actor Ronald Reagan but she was no murderess. She even got shot protecting Batman!

Sadly she wasn't at the end of the story so she didn't get the "extra vitality" boost that the other future-JSA wives (Lois Lane, Joan Williams and Hawkgirl) got!

Selina never needed anybody's help when it came to vitality.

I'd forgotten that one, Philip. Good eye!

Philip Portelli said:

It's not a marriage but it's a definite Earth-Two Batman/Catwoman encounter in 1983's All Star Squadron Annual #3, set in 1941, The Princess of Plunder, wearing an awful costume with a cat-head mask covering her entire face, was recruited by Ian Karkull to kill actor Ronald Reagan but she was no murderess. She even got shot protecting Batman!

Sadly she wasn't at the end of the story so she didn't get the "extra vitality" boost that the other future-JSA wives (Lois Lane, Joan Williams and Hawkgirl) got!

My extremely faulty memory suggests that Selina and Bruce never tied the knot in the Batman Beyond universe (or Earth 12 as I guess it's also known), as he had a history with Barbara Gordon.

It was never revealed who the mother was of Bruce Jr. in the World's Finest Super-sons series.

Right now, all I've got is:

* Earth-Two

* Earth 2

* Captain Leatherwing

* The fanfic Alfred writes in Batman: The Brave and the Bold

* An engagement in the dreamworld in "Perchance to Dream" on Batman: The Animated Series.

* Huntress as the daughter of Batman and Catwoman in TV's Birds of Prey.

* A date in Paris at the end of Dark Knight Rises.

* An unmarried partnership in JLA: The Nail and JLA: Another Nail.

Eliminated: Batman: Red Rain, Batman: Gotham by Gaslight, Kingdom Come, the Haneyverse Super-Sons, the Imaginary Stories of the1960s, Batman & Superman: Generations, Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Batman Beyond.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2017   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service