Replies

• I'm very happy to see Adam Beechen will be writing it; he had a great run on Robin before he was sucked into the whole Countdown mess. My only regret is that Dustin Nguyen isn't doing interiors, as well as the cover. Dustin has much love for Batman Beyond, as evidenced by this: Beyond
  • I'm a big enough Batman Beyond fan to buy at least the first issue no matter what, but I'd be happier if it was one of the teams who did the comics version for one of the other comics based off the animated series. I loved Batman, Superman, and Justice League Adventures, but the original Batman Beyond comic just didn't capture the spirit of the show the way they did.
  • If I follow the press release correctly, this will be a regular DCU-style version, not an animated Batman-style version.
  • Luke Blanchard said:
    If I follow the press release correctly, this will be a regular DCU-style version, not an animated Batman-style version.

I got that impression from a quick skim too.

I wonder will it be in a perhaps-future DCU or maybe an official DCU 'multiple earth'. Earth-BB perhaps.

I loved the cartoon and it was a greatr way to go once the PTB thought they'd exhausted the Batman that'd begun in the 1989(?) cartoon.
  • Figserello said:
    Luke Blanchard said:
    If I follow the press release correctly, this will be a regular DCU-style version, not an animated Batman-style version.

I got that impression from a quick skim too.

I wonder will it be in a perhaps-future DCU or maybe an official DCU 'multiple earth'. Earth-BB perhaps.

I loved the cartoon and it was a greatr way to go once the PTB thought they'd exhausted the Batman that'd begun in the 1989(?) cartoon.

Well, it wasn't so much that Timm, Dini and company thought they had exhausted Batman: The Animated Series, but KidsWB telling them that the studio wanted a series about a future Batman and they were going to do it whether Timm and company were involved or not. Fortunately, our heroes found their muse and gave us another great Batman series.
This reply was deleted.