"Batman on Turner Classic Movies tomorrow at 10 am, not sure what it is."

I was going through the guide and spotted it, at first I thought it might be one of the serials but it's only set for a half hour.  According to the description Batman battles a Japanese scientist who turns people into zombies.

It's on at 10 am I've set the dvr, but anyone know what it is?  Doesn't sound like any episode of the 1966 show, it's not listed as a cartoon.

Views: 576

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ron M. said:

I've read the last chapter is about half flashbacks of the entire series up to that point.

(I have 14 minutes left to edit my last, mostly empty comment, but can't figure out just how!!)

Some serial expert told me that a good many serials had a late "recap" chapter that allowed the production to catch up and stay on schedule as well as filling in new viewers.

John Wayne's Three Musketeers showed the same flashback scene in several episodes as if it was really important. Only "important" thing about it I noticed was he gets his girl to hide behind something then punches a baddy so he goes flying exactly to where the girl should be hiding. Only she's not there! We see that about three times during the serial, as if they wanted to point out this editorial blooper and make sure we noticed.
Serials tended to get shorter chapters about halfway through, with a longer final chapter. But I've read the last Batman is around twice as long as a regular chapter to get all the flashbacks in. In the 60s the entire serial was edited into a 60 minute film.

Here's the peculiar defensive maneuver.

("The Chair will save me!")

("Your powers are useless before The Chair!")

Sock!

I'm guessing that the "script" (or however they choreograph fights) called for the thug to use the chair in lion-tamer fashion to slow Batman's assault for a tick. However, thug-stuntman just placed the chair down, and bat-stuntman did what comes naturally.

We know that they hated to do re-shoots on complicated action like this. Several times throughout the film, Batman's cape gets knocked off, yet he's wearing it again after a cut.

Don Mankowski said:

(I have 14 minutes left to edit my last, mostly empty comment, but can't figure out just how!!)

Were you trying to place a comment after the quote? To do that you need to switch to HTML mode and start a new paragraph after the concluding </blockquote>. Once the paragraph is started (with at least one letter) you can switch back to normal.

Luke Blanchard said:

Were you trying to place a comment after the quote? To do that you need to switch to HTML mode and start a new paragraph after the concluding </blockquote>. Once the paragraph is started (with at least one letter) you can switch back to normal.

I do it the lazy way. I hit the reply button. I then cut and paste the entire contents of the reply box into a text document. I then can extract the part I want to quote, if not the whole thing, and place my reply wherever I want. When I'm finished I paste it into the "T" box and tinker with the italics. It's probably more steps but to me is preferable to dealing with the HTML.

What does the HTML do?

Richard,

I don't know that I'd call that the "lazy way."

Ron,

If you know some minimal HTML coding, you have more power over how the text will appear when you're done.

I know p is paragraph and that's it.

It's sometimes easier to copy and paste the text you want to quote and add the blockquote instructions (<blockquote> and </blockquote>) around it oneself. You have to add an HTML instruction in HTML mode or it appears as text.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service