I see we've talked some about Batman Zero year over here. However, it seems to have gotten lost amongst other Batman talk. So I thought I'd start a thread devoted to Zero Year. I've read two issues so far and the annual which just slightly ties into the arc.

So far so good. It's a pretty interesting and fun take on Batman's origin. The back up stories of how Bruce acquired certain skills  are pretty clever.

I've got to go to work so I'll post some more thoughts later. In the meantime, if you've read any of the Zero Year, post your thoughts.

Views: 360

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Caught up with issues 24-26 this weekend. The first part is closed out with the apparent death of the leader of the red hood gang. Then the lights go out in Gotham. We also meet a pretty disturbing character named Doctor Death.

The relationship between Alfred and Bruce seems to be getting better. However things between Gordon and Bruce/Batman are pretty rocky. We get a glimpse that in this version of the Batman mythos that Gordon may have had a checkered past.

The relationship between Alfred and Bruce seems to be getting better. However things between Gordon and Bruce/Batman are pretty rocky. We get a glimpse that in this version of the Batman mythos that Gordon may have had a checkered past.

I liked that bit myself. Even someone like me who gets tired of the "Its a small world after all" universe characters live in. I actually find this more interesting than Dr. Death who is okay I guess as a villain.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service