Today and Tomorrow (Wednesday & Thurs), Comixology is having a big sale on its Digital comics.

If you've any interest -- I'm going to be picking up Mark Waid's BOOM output for 99 cents an issue, 75% off of the print cover price -- you might want to head on over there.

Rob

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok, so can I read said comics on my computer, or do I need an i-whatsit? Is the reader downloadable for free or what?

Can people outside the US buy downloadable comics from Comixology?

Adapting to new technologies makes me nervous...
  • Me too. I seem to be able to read the free books they offer fine on my computer, though. I don't have an iPad/Phone/Pony, either.

Let me know if it takes your order, if you decide to place one. I've tried twice so far and gotten an error message each time.

Figserello said:
    Ok, so can I read said comics on my computer, or do I need an i-whatsit? Is the reader downloadable for free or what?

Can people outside the US buy downloadable comics from Comixology?

Adapting to new technologies makes me nervous...
  • There are less titles available online as opposed to the mobile platforms but still lots of great stuff to choose from.

I haven't tried to place an order yet but will be doing so.
  • Wow. The changes they made to the website for the sale have messed things up. I can't log into my account which, of course, means I can't buy anything. The pages aren't appearing correctly, either. I'll send them a feedback message either through the website or their Facebook page.
  • I've been going back and forth with customer service, too. It's not letting me buy anything either -- I put in my CC info, and I get an error message.
  • Was finally able to place my order! Approx $100 of comics for $23! woo-hoo!
  • I was eventually able to make my purchase although their interface froze several times before I managed it. The suck-y part is that every time I had to refresh the screen to un-freeze it, I lost all the contents of my cart and had to start over again. I wish they'd tested the updated site more before making it "go live."

All in all, though, I'm happy about my purchases today. I continued some titles I was already buying from them and bought a few that I wasn't buying before.

Figs, I don't know if people outside the States can use the online version. There are a lot (somewhere around 200) free comics you can try the system out on, see if it works for you. The online reader.
  • Comixology has a 1-day Walking Dead half-off sale. 6-issue trades are $4.99, and single issues are 99 cents. (Looks like for the day, issues up through 84 are only available in trade).
  • So, how does the digital comic work? Am I buying and downloading the book or just paying for a one-time read?

I haven't really been up on digital comics but that seems to be where they are headed, what with paper costs and all. I also got a couple writing jobs for digital comic companies so I'm curious.

• I just got an iPhone and decided to try out the digital comics. You pay to download the book and it's yours. It's not too bad but the iPhone, is a little small for reading the comics. I might do it if I'm curious about something before committing to it in paper. If I had an iPad, I might download more digital comics though. The bigger screen is easier to read.
This reply was deleted.