Today and Tomorrow (Wednesday & Thurs), Comixology is having a big sale on its Digital comics.

If you've any interest -- I'm going to be picking up Mark Waid's BOOM output for 99 cents an issue, 75% off of the print cover price -- you might want to head on over there.

Rob

Views: 1338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm with you on that SXSW bundle. Thanks for mentioning it--surprised I haven't seen anything about it anywhere else.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'd been meaning to get Leaving Megalopolis and in that bundle, it's a steal.

If you go to the Comixology Facebook page, there are loads of codes for free downloads of both comics and collections.  Life with Archie, Afterlife with Archie, Scott Pilgrim, etc.  Seems to be something that will continue for a few days.  The codes only last a day or so though, so get on down...

So I got this on account of the Simone book, which I'm looking forward to.  Any suggestions which of the other 29 comics a time-pressed parent should make the effort to read?

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

Comixology is having a huge Flash sale -- 500 books, apparently (though I didn't count) for $1 apiece. Great stuff from the Barry & Wally eras. 

Even more intriguing is the Comixology Submit bundle they're offering for SXSW -- 30 comics for $3. One of them is Gail Simone & Jim Califiore's Leaving Megalopolis, which singlehandedly made the bundle a bargain for me!

I haven't read any of them yet, but the other two I'm most looking forward to are Snipe (by Katherine & Stuart Immonen), and Andrea Tsurumi's Andrew Jackson Throws a Punch, which sounds like it could be a blast.

DC is selling a TON of New52 comics for 99 cents on Comixology this week. If there's any you were interested in sampling, now's a good chance with less wallet impact. 

I'm probably going to get the Jeff Parker Aquaman issues, along with Forever Evil & the Justice League issues that crossed over with it. And I'd pulled out of Batman: Zero Year, so maybe I'll get those, too. The Manapul issues of Detective are also a temptation, but If Manapul's layouts are anything like his run on Flash, I'll want them on paper to appreciate them better.

You can't go wrong with any of those, Rob! I own them already, otherwise I'd hop all over that.

Rob Staeger (Grodd Mod) said:

...along with Forever Evil & the Justice League issues that crossed over with it. And I'd pulled out of Batman: Zero Year, so maybe I'll get those, too. The Manapul issues of Detective are also a temptation, but If Manapul's layouts are anything like his run on Flash, I'll want them on paper to appreciate them better.

I was mistaken about Forever Evil; it's not going on sale for two more weeks. But I bought those Aquaman issues, I'll buy the JLA tie-ins this week, and once I figure out where I left off of Zero Year, I'll get those, too.

There's a list of what's on sale this week (and the next two weeks as well) over at Robot 6. There's some neat stuff, from lots of different eras (beginning next week; this week's all New 52).

The next week of DC sales have begun at Comixology... finally including Forever Evil, but also Batman Eternal, the Pamiotti/Connor Power Girl series, the Ostrander/Mandrake Martian Manhunter series, and...the original run of PREZ! Plus plenty more. 

Thanks for the heads up, Rob! I bought up Prez this morning! Four issues for what one comic book costs these days? Of a book I've always wanted to read? Next thing you know, they'll have all of First Issue Special out so that I can finally read Green Team!

I picked up a print issue of Green Team a while back. It's... quite an experience.

I meant to tell you that I read the first two issues of Prez. That is nuts! I love the premise and the storytelling, though. It's just so 70's random--I could picture myself reading it in my friend's basement filled with old comics back in the early 80's. In fact, maybe I did, who knows?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2018   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service