Go here:

http://www.tcj.com/?p=1069

Really nice. I daresay our Captain has done more for sharing a love of comics with the masses than this pretentious, elitist, pompous windbag, Heidi MacDonald at The Beat linked to it by saying "Now that's more like it", which was disappointing; I thought more of Heidi than that.

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Cap. I kinda figured that was the case.

What I didn't count on, though, was having exactly the opposite idea of forefront than you. My impression was that being in the forefront was being one of the earliest people in a movement; you're using it instead as being one of the most recent entries in a movement. Looking it up at merriam-webster.com gives me "the foremost part or place," which helps exactly zilch. Dictionary.com offers "1. the foremost part or place. 2. the position of greatest importance or prominence: in the forefront of today's writers." So that second definition doesn't involve sequence at all, which is where Worcester's (and my) misunderstanding comes in.

Anyway, thanks a lot for clearing that up, Cap!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service