The USA Today reviewer mentions it in his glowing review of the iPad. CBR has a wee bit more.

The big question: Will digital and print versions be available on the same day?

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They've put a lot of free stuff up for the app, too. Oddly, they're charging $1.99 for Jonah Hex #1, which was free-for-a-reprint a couple of weeks ago.
I still can't afford one but iPad is now on my Christmas list. Heavens, it IS my Christmas list and nothing else.
The next generation Ipad will only be cooler...I really like mine, but I would love a camera and some iphone 4 capabilities...

Cavalier said:
I still can't afford one but iPad is now on my Christmas list. Heavens, it IS my Christmas list and nothing else.
Comixology announced last week, I think, that you can now also read their releases on your PC. No iPad or iPod or PS3 required.
While I'm sure the iPad has tons of other cool features, reading comics is the only thing I really want it for. I sure don't need it to have a camera as both our cell phones have cameras and Jenn has a proper camera, too.
you say that now...but once you get it you will realize how good it is for so many things...after all I didn't want one at all, till I got one as present and now it is my main computing device... I only turn on my laptop nowaways if I have to type a full document...everything else tends to happen on the Ipad.

I would love for it to have a webcam that I could use with the skype app...

but back on topic...Bleeding Cool is doing some reporting on how the DC roll out includes a payment plan for creators...

which is very good to see.
Cavalier said:
While I'm sure the iPad has tons of other cool features, reading comics is the only thing I really want it for. I sure don't need it to have a camera as both our cell phones have cameras and Jenn has a proper camera, too.
This appears to be the most recent thread devoted to the iPad, so I've resurrected it. I finally got a chance to spend time with an iPad last week while I was at my brother's place in Atlanta. Overall impression: it's easily the coolest and most user friendly computing device I've ever used. I picked it up with no one around to ask for instruction, and immediately figured out how to turn it on and navigate. I could definitely get hooked on it. It had an ebook app installed (actually there might have been two, Kindle plus something else). I could read prose that way without any time to adjust, I think. My brother also had the Marvel app installed (he's the Marvel fan, not me!) and two free issues, a Fantastic Four and a Spider-Man (both recent). I hadn't even intended to read the comic books all the way through, but found myself zipping through them anyway. It was easy, and fun. The screen is a bit smaller than a comic page, but the image is very sharp on the screen. I can see how the smaller type might get to be a strain if you spent a long time reading comics on it (assuming you don't want to take advantage of the expand feature). Bottom line: if I owned an iPad, I would at least experiment with buying some of my comics that way. I don't think it's a perfect solution, but it's very close.
PowerBook Pete (The Mad Mod) said:
Cavalier said:
Reading on Apple's website, it sure seems that the iPad has a wireless internet connection. Any place that has a hot spot (McDonald's, Starbucks, etc) will work fine for you, then.

True, but you have to have a computer to manage the content on it. On my iPod, for example, I can download and install applications, but I cannot remove them unless it's attached to my computer.

With iOS5, coming out this fall, you will no longer need to attach the iPad or iPod to another computer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service