Catch Mr. Silver Age This Fall, Maybe Winter, Hard to Say

This is just a quick reminder for both of my fans out there.

By an amazing coincidence, after a considerable hiatus this year, Mr. Silver Age returns in TWO magazines in November!

His final Ask Mr. Silver Age article, planned for CBG #1700, is scheduled to appear in A/E's salute to CBG in #122, while his look at why comic book writers hate marriage appears in Hogan's Alley #19. Both are being solicited in this month's Previews.

Ask your newsdealer to reserve your copies today!

-- MSA

Views: 529

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Today is the 13th of December, Mr. Age, so unless your mail delivery is a whole lot better than mine, I recommend you rename this thread to "Catch Mr. Silver Age This Fall" (I'm being wildly optimistic that Hogan's Alley # 19 shows up between now and next Saturday, when winter officially begins).

Did Alter Ego # 122 at least show up in November? I haven't had a chance to seek that one out yet at a book store.

AE did indeed ship and has been received to wild acclaim. It's actually a really impressive issue, with every page devoted to CBG and its history and columnists. I snagged four pages alone.

Considering Tom aimed for the end of 2012 and missed by almost a year, I'm not gonna begrudge him a couple more weeks. He sent out an email saying it was being printed, so I'm hopeful that it'll be an early Christmas present. But, of course, I'm not holding my breath on that, either.

-- MSA

I was down at City Newsstand near my house, which carries every magazine in existence, and there they were: Alter Ego and Hogan's Alley a few slots apart! What a beautiful sight.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to find them quite so easily, but I can confirm that they're both out there, displayed at finer newsstands everywhere, or at least somewhere.

-- MSA

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2019   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service