chatting

Just like Facebook, if you look in the lower right hand corner of the screen, you can see how many people are currently online, and you can choose to start up a real time chat. Nifty!

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• When I tried this yesterday, it wanted me to select members to chat with. Then I had to wait for them to join the chat, which never happened (twice with you Rich, and once with Alexandra). Looks different today, and I did just send a chat message.
    • I don't think it pings you like it should if someone requests a private chat. The public chatroom is working fine, though.
  • The Group Chat function is working well...
  • Hey, did you guys disable the chat function? I don't see it at the bottom of the screen anymore.
  • It's a test. Some people told us that they thought the reason this site ran slow on their computers was the chat function because their workplaces didn't allow it. Since very few people--almost nobody really--uses the chat feature, we figured we disable it to see if it helps.
  • I was gonna say!

Anyway, I tried to talk to you, Mark Sullivan, and Figserello a couple times and couldn't. Or you guys were IGNORING ME! That's it. You all hate me, don't you?
  • JeffCarter said:
    I was gonna say!

Anyway, I tried to talk to you, Mark Sullivan, and Figserello a couple times and couldn't. Or you guys were IGNORING ME! That's it. You all hate me, don't you?

If you're talking about the individual chat, I don't think that ever worked right. I participated in group chats several times--mainly just for the novelty of it. One thing about losing the chat feature: there's no quick way to tell who's online.
  • Mark Sullivan said:
    JeffCarter said:
    I was gonna say!

If you're talking about the individual chat, I don't think that ever worked right. I participated in group chats several times--mainly just for the novelty of it. One thing about losing the chat feature: there's no quick way to tell who's online.

That's mostly what I used it for, to see who was online. That's how I noticed it was missing.
  • The problem I noticed with the chat function was, if you weren't actively looking at the chat room, there was no way to know when someone was talking to you, or that any conversation was going on right then. It always seemed that when I looked at the chat room, if anyone had been talking, it had been hours before I had come into the room.

It was a nice idea, but not having a chat room doesn't bother me. Especially if it results in the site being more usable by some fellow members.
This reply was deleted.