Replies

• Considering that a 60s (that is, an Adam West style) Batmobile is the first toy I can remember owning, I currently have three on my bookshelf, I'm always looking for another, I've been known to turn one down because it's "off model" and I have a picture of myself and The Lad next to a full size replica in a classic car museum ... I think we both know the answer to that one. I literally have a lifelong love affair with that car.
  • Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.

The Batmobile was fast but it couldn't fly.

The Mach 5 could go underwater, but it couldn't float.

• The Mark Five.

• Not on the list, Jeff. 

As for me, it's a hard choice. No question the Batmobile was cool, but every kid I knew back Ru hen wanted the Mach 5, even with the lame robot pigeon (I didn't come to understand how valuable it was until later in life) .

Also the Mach 5 used ordinary gasoline, not atomic rocket fuel, so it was more practical. And there was too much junk in the Batmobile's trunk for Spritle and Chim-Chim to stow away. 

Jeff of Earth-J said:

Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang.

The Batmobile was fast but it couldn't fly.

The Mach 5 could go underwater, but it couldn't float.

• "Not on the list, Jeff."

Oh, very well.

It's a tough choice but, between the two I'd go with the Batmobile.

The only real disadvantage is if it rains.

• It's been a while since I've watched Speed Racer, so I don't remember everything the Mach 5 could do. (Though I do remember it was equipped with rotating blades in front so it could chop down trees in front of it so it could drive through a forest.) But at the time when I was watching both shows, I would have said the Mach 5, and I'll stand by that.

• That seals the deal for me! (God, they were annoying.)

Randy Jackson said:

And there was too much junk in the Batmobile's trunk for Spritle and Chim-Chim to stow away. 

• Spritle and Chim-Chim were annoying,but they saved Speed's butt a lot, also.

Misery in Spades said:

That seals the deal for me! (God, they were annoying.)

Randy Jackson said:

And there was too much junk in the Batmobile's trunk for Spritle and Chim-Chim to stow away. 

• "(Though I do remember it was equipped with rotating blades in front so it could chop down trees in front of it so it could drive through a forest.)"

Even as a kid I questioned that. The blades were about a foot and a half off the ground. Even if the trees fell out of the way, would the Mach 5 have been able to drive over a field of short stumps? (Apparantly so.)

• I think that's more of a reflection on Speed et al. than it was on the 2 irritants.

The Baron said:

Spritle and Chim-Chim were annoying,but they saved Speed's butt a lot, also.

Misery in Spades said:

That seals the deal for me! (God, they were annoying.)

Randy Jackson said:

This reply was deleted.