Given the choice, would you rather have the Bstmobile (60s version) or the Mach 5? 

Views: 104

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Another one not on the list, but here's the one I'd really like to own.

The controls on the Mach 5's steering wheel!

Less than two years ago, and The Lad TOWERS over me now.

Doctor Hmmm? said:

Considering that a 60s (that is, an Adam West style) Batmobile is the first toy I can remember owning, I currently have three on my bookshelf, I'm always looking for another, I've been known to turn one down because it's "off model" and I have a picture of myself and The Lad next to a full size replica in a classic car museum ... I think we both know the answer to that one. I literally have a lifelong love affair with that car.

The Mach 5, if for no other reason than it has a dome, so you can actually drive it when it rains or snows. (But then, TV's Gotham City is in a magical place where it never rains or snows.)

Plus, as noted above, the Mach 5 is faster, since it is an actual race car. And it can go underwater. And it had the automatic jack, which can also be deployed to make the car leap. And it could add all-terrain treads at the push of a button.

Also bulletproof. And buzzsaws. And the robot pigeon. 

ClarkKent_DC said:

The Mach 5, if for no other reason than it has a dome, so you can actually drive it when it rains or snows. (But then, TV's Gotham City is in a magical place where it never rains or snows.)

Plus, as noted above, the Mach 5 is faster, since it is an actual race car. And it can go underwater. And it had the automatic jack, which can also be deployed to make the car leap. And it could add all-terrain treads at the push of a button.

I didn't really know Speed Racer as a kid so, while his car has more features, I have much stronger personal associations with the Batmobile. A local guy built his own replica, though it only comes out in summer.

It's somewhat analogous to "Mystery Machine or Chan Van." Sure, the Chan Clan's van could transform into a bewildering variety of other vehicles, making it technically more impressive and useful, but I have greater affinity for Scooby's ride.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2020   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service