Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I didn't know iZombie had been cancelled.

That's OK, I didn't even know it existed.

ba-dum-bump-siss

I've really enjoyed iZombie, too. I was just catching up with it in trades (I read Vol. 2 & 3) a couple weeks ago, when I heard that issue #28 will be the last.

I suppose it says something bad about me that I've been more concerned about the ways in which I believe that DC and Marvel have been mis-using the characters than I ever have about the ways they may have been amusing the creators.

I don't think they're amused.  ;)

Well done, Doc, you spotted the deliferate mistale I made in that post!

You're too meta for me!

i-Zombie was a fine comic.  The Baron might enjoy its updating of old horror movie tropes.  I didn't read Roberson's Superman, but I very much enjoyed what he had to say in the exit interviews to it, and they made me want to read them.

Rucka, Waid, God knows who else, and now Roberson, who showed immense promise.  DC aren't really focused on keeping the best creators around, are they?  Someone should tell them about what you need to make really good books.

The David Brothers piece he links to is worth a read.

I'd already decided I can't in good conscience give my money to Marvel to see Avengers in the cinema.  I just don't want to be part of that further insult to Kirby.

The moral toxicity of Marvel and DC seems to be becoming part of the general discourse about superhero comics, rather than just something discussed at the margins.

Bummer. I liked his Cinderella work.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No fistfights. No flame wars. No trolls. The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Latest Activity

Richard Mantle replied to Richard Mantle's discussion Okay Axis Here We Come! The Complete Invaders!
"I am humbled by the support. Thanks guys."
29 seconds ago
Captain Comics replied to Mark S. Ogilvie's discussion Why is Logan still upset at Scott at Nightrcrawler's party?
"I did read it, and you had me halfway convinced I read it wrong!"
2 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) posted a discussion

A Comic a Day: Amazing Spider-Man #235

Amazing Spider-Man #235December 1982Cover art by: John Romita, Jr. & Al Milgrom…See More
5 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Richard Mantle's discussion Okay Axis Here We Come! The Complete Invaders!
"I'm still hanging in there, Richard. Like those before me, I really don't have anything…"
22 minutes ago
Travis Herrick (Modular Mod) replied to Mark S. Ogilvie's discussion Why is Logan still upset at Scott at Nightrcrawler's party?
"In my defense I said I never read it.  "
27 minutes ago
Mark S. Ogilvie replied to Mark S. Ogilvie's discussion Why is Logan still upset at Scott at Nightrcrawler's party?
"Looks like Bastion wasted his time."
42 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Mark S. Ogilvie's discussion Why is Logan still upset at Scott at Nightrcrawler's party?
"Wait -- Cyclops didn't kill Nightcrawler, Bastion did."
45 minutes ago
Captain Comics replied to Richard Mantle's discussion Okay Axis Here We Come! The Complete Invaders!
"I'm reading, Richard. But, like the other Richard, I don't have a lot to say. This series…"
59 minutes ago
Mark S. Ogilvie replied to Richard Mantle's discussion Okay Axis Here We Come! The Complete Invaders!
"I really think that the concept of the Invaders only worked during WW2. I'm not saying that…"
1 hour ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"Richard, I would be willing to accept the premise that ASM featured the clone from #152 through the…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Mr. Silver Age's discussion Don't Ask! Just Buy It!
"Mr. Silver Age said: It does surprise me how often the photos on eBay are so completely crappy, out…"
1 hour ago
Richard Willis replied to Mr. Silver Age's discussion Don't Ask! Just Buy It!
"Mr. Silver Age said: The eBay guy acknowledges that was where it was used in his listing, which is…"
1 hour ago
The Baron replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"    My brain got a little jumbled, there - for a second, I thought you were reading…"
1 hour ago
Richard Mantle replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"I say again Jeff . I live in a world where Amazing volume one ended at #151. Everything paled after…"
2 hours ago
Richard Mantle replied to Richard Mantle's discussion Okay Axis Here We Come! The Complete Invaders!
"Thankyou Richard. Hang on in there we'll get to better stuff!"
2 hours ago
Jeff of Earth-J replied to Wandering Sensei: Moderator Man's discussion What Comic Books Have You Read Today?
"SPIDER-MAN by DAVID MICHELINIE & TODD McFARLANE: Earlier this year I re-read every issue of…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service