CAPTAIN AMERICA: STEVE ROGERS #6

Publisher: MARVEL COMICS

Writer: NICK SPENCER

Art: JAVIER PIñA

Cover: PAUL RENAUD

Defenders Variant: TBA

Prostrate Awareness Week Variant: TBA

32 PGS. • Rated T+ •  $3.99

With the Marvel Universe at war, Steve fights for peace.

Guest-starring Captain Marvel!

There's Captain #2 ...

CAPTAIN MARVEL #9

Writers: RUTH & CHRIS GAGE

Art/Cover: KRIS ANKA

Defenders Variant by TBA

Prostrate Awareness Month Variant: RYAN SOOK

32 PGS. • Rated T+ • $3.99

Captain Marvel thought she had it figured out -- change the future and save lives. But as friendships turn cold, she has to decide how far she’s willing to go.

And Carol makes three. 

CIVIL WAR II: KINGPIN #3 (of 4)

Writer: MATTHEW ROSENBERG

Art: RICARDO LÓPEZ ORTIZ

Cover by AARON KUDER

Variant: TBA

Wilson Fisk has reason to believe that one of his own men is staging a coup—and killing those who won’t surrender their loyalty.

But mutiny becomes the least of Fisk’s worries when the Punisher launches an attack on the Kingpin’s safe house.

Can the Fisk keep his business afloat with his cronies dropping like flies, and Frank Castle gunning for him, or is this finally the end of the reign of the KINGPIN?

MS. MARVEL #11

Writer: G. WILLOW WILSON

Art: TAKESHI MIYAZAWA with ADRIAN ALPHONA

Cover by CAMERON STEWART

Defenders Variant by TBA

Ms. Marvel struggles to put her life and Jersey City back together after devastation strikes. Fists up, Buttercup, time to take matters into your own hands.

NEW AVENGERS #16

Writer: AL EWING

Art: PACO MEDINA

Cover by JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO

• The A.I.M. vs. S.H.I.E.L.D. vs. W.H.I.S.P.E.R. war screams towards a heart-shredding climax!

• It’s a battle to the finish aboard a crashing Air Force One! And no matter who wins, Marvel-Earth will never be the same!

• WE BEG OF YOU, TRUE BELIEVER -- DO NOT REVEAL THE SHOCKING TWISTS WITHIN THESE PAGES TO MAN OR BEAST!

That thing on Evil Reed's head makes me think of Brainstorm in Silver Age Justice League of America.

ROCKET RACCOON & GROOT #10

Writer: NICK KOCHER

Art: MICHAEL WALSH

Cover by DAVID LOPEZ

32 PGS. • Rated T • $3.99

We don’t mean to be carpet-braggers, but you’ll have to (Ulysses S.) grant that these are the best issues of the entire event!

When Rocket, Groot, and Gwenpool all go after the same bounty in Georgia, the results are antebellum-believable!

Get-tysburg as many copies as you can!

SPIDER-WOMAN #11

Writer: DENNIS HOPELESS

Art/Cover: JAVIER RODRIGUEZ

After the [REDACTED] in Civil War II, Jessica Drew has no choice but to put on her private investigator gloves and enter the fray.

But with a baby at home, Jessica has to tread more carefully than ever ...

Did we ever find out who the baby daddy is? Or did she spontaneously generate spawn, like an amoeba or something?

THUNDERBOLTS #5

Writer: JIM ZUB

Art/Cover: JON MALIN

Cosplay Variant: WESLEY JOHNSON

It’s the Winter Soldier versus Spider-Man and only one of them is going to walk away.

That Wesley Johnson cosplayer guy has a mid-'90s Brad Pitt look going, doesn't he? But that's a pretty impressive metal arm -- don't know how he did it. I should also mention that the main cover is similar to the cover of Amazing Spider-Man #129 (first appearance of The Punisher), but not enough that I'd call it an homage.

THE TOTALLY AWESOME HULK #10

Writer: GREG PAK

Art: MIKE DEL MUNDO

Cover by TERRY DODSON

BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY PHIL JIMENEZ

TOTALLY AWESOME T’CHALLA!

Still reeling from a blindsiding loss, Amadeus Cho might be in over his head when the one and only Black Panther comes calling.

This cover is definitely an homage, but I can't remember where I've seen the image before. I wanted to say it was a Zeck or Byrne Captain America cover, but I skimmed through his Silver/Bronze age title with no success. I remembered similar worm's-eye-view constructions in Sgt. Fury and Master of Kung Fu, but they aren't solid matches. Anyone else have an idea?

ULTIMATES #11

Writer: AL EWING

Art/Cover: KENNETH ROCAFORT

Cosplay Variant: KNOBEL CREATIONS

32 PGS. • Rated T+ •  $3.99

The Ultimates are at war – with each other!

Can they solve their problems and come together in time to face the real threat ...

... or will Thanos and his new acolyte destroy them all?

That is the skinniest Galactus I've ever seen. He needs to eat a Sandwich (Islands). Or maybe Turkey (with Greece).

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• BLACK PANTHER 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER BY PHIL JIMENEZ

TOTALLY AWESOME T’CHALLA!

Still reeling from a blindsiding loss, Amadeus Cho might be in over his head when the one and only Black Panther comes calling.

This cover is definitely an homage, but I can't remember where I've seen the image before. I wanted to say it was a Zeck or Byrne Captain America cover, but I skimmed through his Silver/Bronze age title with no success. I remembered similar worm's-eye-view constructions in Sgt. Fury and Master of Kung Fu, but they aren't solid matches. Anyone else have an idea?

I thought I knew this one and went straight to the below issue -- but it's not as I remember it and not quite right.... 1936802785?profile=original

• Heh! Brain Storm! The Man Who Can't Go Through Doors!

This reply was deleted.