The last time I got a wild hair to read X-Men I left off with #110 knowing that #111 is a good jumping on point. #111 begins in medias res, but I’m reading in conjunction with the supplemental material from Classic X-men, so let’s start with #17 of that series.

Views: 1396

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeff of Earth-J said:

As I mentioned above, my original intention with this discussion had been to take it to issue #200. Now, what I had hoped would never happen (but knew would) has happened: Marvel Masterworks has moved beyond #200. I am so incredibly ambivalent about v13 I find it difficult to put into words. One the one hand, post-#200 X-Men pretty much stunk on ice; on the other, I've got a complete set to maintain. the one "advantage": (if you can call it that) this volume has going for it is that it reprints only nine issues (#201-209). The rest of the volume is taken up by the original Longshot limited series (by Ann Nocenti and Arthur Adams, which I have never read) and a story from Marvel Fanfare.(Hmm... there's another discussion I should get back to one of these days.) 

The Baron said:

You know, you're not actually required by law to own - or even read- every Marvel comic ever published.

Jeff is getting an early start on the 2021 "'I Read This So You Don't Have To' Award."

"You know, you're not actually required by law to own - or even read- every Marvel comic ever published."

I'm not? What about DC?

"Jeff is getting an early start on the 2021 ''I Read This So You Don't Have To' Award.'"

Yeah, but I've already read these. (Well, not Longshot.)

You're only required to buy every DC comic if you live in Utah or Vermont.

Is that related to the Electoral College?

The Baron said:

I was just remembering those old ads I'd hear, where at the end they'd tell you that the offer was void in two seemingly unconnected states.

Richard Willis said:

Is that related to the Electoral College?

The Baron said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Welcome!

No flame wars. No trolls. But a lot of really smart people.The Captain Comics Round Table tries to be the friendliest and most accurate comics website on the Internet.

SOME ESSENTIALS:

RULES OF THE ROUND TABLE

MODERATORS

SMILIES FOLDER

TIPS ON USING THE BOARD

FOLLOW US:

OUR COLUMNISTS:

Groups

© 2021   Captain Comics, board content ©2013 Andrew Smith   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service