Recently reading up about a 1960s cafe/space in New York City called Caffe Cino , which was an early place for the " Off-Off-Broadway " movement of that period (on Wikipedia) ~ the listing , in a paragraph titled " Conflicts between avant-garde and commercial plays " , scroll down ~ says thing where we hear about " a string of shows using comic books as scripts " and there's a little further down , on the left side , a picture of " A Comic Book Play " shown .

What were these ? Rob , does anybody still at the VOICE (or known to them) know what these were ?

You need to be a member of Captain Comics to add comments!

Join Captain Comics

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ...I forgot to put a link up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Cino

• I saw your header and thought immediately of "Warp," an off-broadway play in the '70s that had a brief run on Broadway and brief run in comics, where Frank Brunner and some other luminaries were involved.

And Robert Aguirre-Sacasa, who is now the chief creative officer at Archie Comics and moving force behind such efforts as "Afterlife with Archie," the Archie reboot and TV's "Riverdale" (coming in 2017) began his career writing an off-broadway play that was essentially "what if everyone in Riverdale was gay?"

• The musical It's a Bird... It's a Plane... It's Superman was a hit in the 60s. It has a page at Wikipedia. A TV version appeared in 1975.

• ...Thank you both , but I was especially writing about these 60s O-O-B plays the Wiki-page mentions .

What was this Aguirre-Sacasa play , CC ?????

This reply was deleted.